Sign in to follow this  
cjackxiii

Requesting comments on my BTL box

I am about to build a box for my incoming BTLs. I reviewed the cut out sheet for 1 BTL that is provided on the forum but was unsure as how a box for 2 BTLs is supposed to look like. I am unfamiliar with how the different dimensions in a ported box affect the performance of the sub so I would appreciate some input.

2-BTL 12 4.9 cubic feet @ 32Hz

speakerbasefinal2.jpg

speakerbasefinal.jpg

Edited by OMartinez

Is the vent 3 1/2" wide at the beginning and 7" at the end? If so, something is goofed up.

Cross-sectional port area needs to remain constant throughout the entire length of the port. You need to redo it.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Cross-sectional port area needs to remain constant throughout the entire length of the port. You need to redo it.

How about this

speaker3.jpg

speaker301.jpg

How can I check if the port wall I have measured out to 31 1/2" correctly tunes the port to 32hz? And thank you guys for your patience.

Edited by OMartinez

After researching some more on the internet I am utterly, completely lost. I'm eager to build the box and throw these bad boys in I just cant figure out how to calculate the dimension of the port. Help?

This gets you in the ballpark. Not 100% accurate on the tuning. Usually within a couple hz tho.

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

This is a very good calculator. Be sure when you download you change the file name to .exe or it won't open. When you use a slot port, don't forget to add in the box the shared port walls. I believe it explains it in the help menu.

http://cid-1e28f7d3956a626f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1

I paid RAM Designs to design a box for me. Well worth it IMO, I didn't have a clue!

Sign in to follow this