Sign in to follow this  
dorian01

deadening and securing sub box

i got a khaotic enclosure and i was going to put it in my trunk, but it wouldnt fit, so now im putting it in the back passenger side seat. the box is vertical with the port above the front passenger's head rest. i took the passenger rear seat out, and im putting a wood barrier where the seat back used to be. not sure what kind of wood to use tho. then im mounting my 4 channel amp to the back of the wood barrier. was going to put MLVB on the barrier and then closed cell foam on top. then some more closed cell foam on the bottom of the seat where there is just metal now, so the box wont vibrate against it. so am i going the right way with this sound deadening? and also what would be the easiest way to secure the sub box so that it wont kill the person sitting in the front passenger seat?

pictures first... then we speak.... lol ... I need to see this frankenstein

Yeah pics get a better idea of what your working with.

was it a premade enclosure or did you have it custom made? measure twice, buy once brotha.

If it was a Khaotic enclosure, then it was probably premade. Do they even build custom fit boxes?

If it was a Khaotic enclosure, then it was probably premade. Do they even build custom fit boxes?

This is like four months old haha. I hope he figured something out by now.

either that or he's in jail for allegedly killing his passenger with a khaotik enclosure...

Doesn't sound good at this point.

LOL I have to figure out how to bolt my box down to my floor of my car as well, I have had to slam on the brakes a few times, and seen 350+ pounds of subs and box come flying towards me once or twice... SCARY ISH!

where is ur box at?

228306_1833645833929_1023903168_31627737_253199_n.jpg

227001_1833646753952_1023903168_31627744_5594661_n.jpg

My station wagon is officially a two seater now... Just me and my bass

So.. where is the box at?

lol.. ok.. well, you'd be mounting it where flat surfaces are.

IF there are flat areas right under the box, look and see if you can access the flooring area under the car at those points..

regardless of where it's at, you have to make sure you don't drill into something, you would be drilling out of the floor into nothing else.

Use plenty of silicone to prevent rust and bolt\nut the enclosure down.

So.. where is the box at?

lol.. ok.. well, you'd be mounting it where flat surfaces are.

IF there are flat areas right under the box, look and see if you can access the flooring area under the car at those points..

regardless of where it's at, you have to make sure you don't drill into something, you would be drilling out of the floor into nothing else.

Use plenty of silicone to prevent rust and bolt\nut the enclosure down.

^ lol ...you better get tints on that mofo thats just asking for trouble

Sweet. A box as big as the car! I like ur style. I got a two seater probe. I braced mine with scrap angle iron. And welded n bolted till solid.

Sweet. A box as big as the car! I like ur style. I got a two seater probe. I braced mine with scrap angle iron. And welded n bolted till solid.

How is your first post on a thread months old :WTFBubble: LOL :WELCOME:

How is your first post on a thread months old :WTFBubble: LOL :WELCOME:

it was something new to add his idea! which i think is a great idea! hell for me I just used expanding foam and L brackets lol! (truck / car setup / 4 door car)

either that or he's in jail for allegedly killing his passenger with a khaotik enclosure...

Doesn't sound good at this point.

LOL look at this guys name! CorpseGrinder! lol! maybe he did go to jail! lol