Sign in to follow this  
RichyMitch925

18" Fi BTL N3 or N2 for daily @35hz?

I was wondering what would be good to run either the 18" btl n3 or n2, i have the previous style btls which is still are awesome daily subwoofers @ 35hz for me, but i want to move up a little. Is the n3 a good daily subwoofer, and with the option of 5-7 spiders what would that alter, would the normal 5 spider be a better daily/music sub? if someone could answer that for me that be awesome. or is the N2 recommended because i see on smd that the n3 is more of a spl sub, the fs is 51 on n3 , and 34 on a n2. does that mean my box tuning will have too change or no? overall i just want to know if purchasing 2 N3's would be alright for daily purposes/ someday competition with my 9.5cuft box tuned at about 35hz or no

thanks

Edited by RichyMitch925

Do some research on the subwoofers, you will find out the N3 is not made for music at all. Really inteneded for burps, look at the high Fs. The N2 is the same as the previous generation BTL's but with some adjustments.

N3 is SPL only :suicide-santa:

Post pics when you have your N2 installed, i ordered mine on the 10th, and cant wait to get it in my yukon xl. I believe imgoing with a 7.5-8^3 foot box at i think 35hz.

Post pics when you have your N2 installed, i ordered mine on the 10th, and cant wait to get it in my yukon xl. I believe imgoing with a 7.5-8^3 foot box at i think 35hz.

Nice man, sounds just like my older btl setup dimension / tuning wise

Since we have practically the same car, i have the '02 yukon denali xl (1 18" N2 btl and its going to be in a 8 cube box), whats the best way for the port and sub to face in this vehicle. I want to have the sub firing up, and port firing to the rear. Or have both firing up. And did you end up staying witht he 35 hz tune?

Sign in to follow this