MONSONwarrior

BL 4 inch coil.

usually if you have to ask "Can I run xxxx subwoofer on xxxx power?" Then it is probably not a good idea to do so. Yes the options will raise power handling but power over the rms rating at your own risk.

If your wanting to run 2kw to them why not just get a btl?

usually if you have to ask "Can I run xxxx subwoofer on xxxx power?" Then it is probably not a good idea to do so. Yes the options will raise power handling but power over the rms rating at your own risk.

I am asking the thermal capacity with the 4 inch. I know how to run over RMS.

I've been hearing a lot about needing to run BTL's over their RMS to reach their full potential and I don't wanna run over 5k.

BTL's are more efficient, they will be more loud at any power level.

You've been hearing alot of :bull:

I am asking the thermal capacity with the 4 inch. I know how to run over RMS.

I've been hearing a lot about needing to run BTL's over their RMS to reach their full potential and I don't wanna run over 5k.

If you were asking thermal capacity then you should have stated that in your original post. Vague questions get vague answers.

Actually, everyone knows how to run over RMS but not everyone knows how to keep a subwoofer from blowing when they run it over rms.

*Edit to add*: As far as hearing that BTL's need over the rating to reach full potential is a load of crap. People overpower BTL's because everyone does it on youtube which makes people think that they can do that as well all day everyday. Then when they overpower the BTL they are all mad because they thought the BTL could take it all then proceed to blame the manufacturer.

Edited by Hzd Skizzy

i wouldnt run 5kw to a BTL, lol...

I typically run 2x the rms of a sub for daily for maximum potential for prolonged daily usage and have never had a problem with many companies i've done this with.

I've also ran 7x the rms before but obviously not for continuous daily use...

I've ran AQ2200d per HDC3 copper before.

I've ran 1 AQ3500d to a pair of stock level 4 DCs before (1kw per sub)

never had a problem.

I've seen the BTL and BL, never messed with them before personally.

I know they aren't some cheap model.

But i will say this, regardless of how much power you give them, whether it be 2kw or 10kw per sub, if you damage it, you were not careful enough.