Sign in to follow this  
Fergjac

Come share your opinion on my idea please!

Hey everyone, I have changed my mind many times about my build that I will be doing in the future. I think I have finally decided for sure on what sub and amp I am going to run. My choice being a single 12" Xcon in a enclosure that seals off the trunk with the sub firing into the cabin. It will be powered by the new Megalith Zed Monoblock. My question is... Should I worry about much reinforcement in my enclosure with only a single 12" thats a lot of power compared to most retail subs that I have worked with in the past. Also, I want to run a ported enclosure, what would the optimal tuning be for electronica music? 32hz? 34hz maybe? Also if I'm running this Should I get a second battery to run with my standard one or should I just get the biggest single battery I can fit (XS power of course) in the stock location?

Thanks for your time guys! This website is great, has taught me many things that will make my install get done the right way the first time hopefully :)

Ported will be awesome. I also can't wait for the MEGALITH to come out (planning to grab 4 for myself).

An extra battery will probably be needed, and a sub like that with 2KW on it will DEFINITELY want a well braced box.

yes, sounds all good to me. Just build a quality box and you should be fine. Of course you should do the big 3 as well once you recieve your new battery. Use XS battery guide to help you choose the one that suites you best. Remember if you only upgrade your front battery, that it is also responsible for running the other 30 or so % of your vehicle electrical. GL with build! I <3 this site as well.

33hz is fine for tuning.

3hz is great tuning but enclousure design is KEY because you can tune at 33 but peak way different so make sure you do the right measurements!

I'd say with an XCON, bracing is your freind!

Thanks for the fast replies. Bracing will be needed I guess so thanks for that one, saves me a large mistake of having my sub tear apart my box when I install it haha. If I do run two batteries would it be alright to run an AGM (XS power) and a wet cell (my current duralast?) together? or should I save and get two batteries? A big one for up front and a smaller one for in back? (that will be expensive and delay the install but I want it done right).

I also emailed Don and sent him all my measurements so hopefully he will get back to me soon about that. I still need to pick out a head unit too. Anyone have one laying around that they would reccomend? or just one to reccomend in general. So far most of my info has come from my uncle who says pioneer is always a failsafe but he didn't really specify which models. I would really like to run an impressive front stage that can keep up with my Xcon and I was wondering if yall could help me choose or point me in the direction of what drivers and headunit to run for it all. I would really like the ability to play FLAC files but I have not read of any head units that can.

Thanks again for all the support guys (and gals?)