Sign in to follow this  
illestG

g35 sedan build

well the time has come that my stock bose unit is starting to take a crap. its a pretty well known problem in these cars. so i am going to be switching it all out slowly

i already have two Fi SSD 10s in a ported box. right now they are being powered by one audiopipe apsm-1300. each only getting 300wrms. which sounds pretty good for now. all the speakers are stock and so is the deck.

plans -

on its way is -

another audiopipe apsm-1300 so that i can run one amp for each sub. (yes i know i could have just got a big enough amp to run both subs. but im not doing that) will be running 1000wrms to each sub

a metra dash kit for the new deck.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 deck

ebay voltmeter

new box

for now im keeping the stock bose speakers and the stock bose amp for those speakers until i can afford to get some new stuff. this is already a budget build which is why im not buying "the best" stuff

once stuff starts arriving i will have pictures and updates for everything

Edited by illestG

any pictures of what you have so far?

I understand that you are set on running two amps but it can be difficult to align the settings for both amps. I wish I could expand for you but I have only heard that it can be difficult to set the amps equally, maybe somebody who knows more will chime in.

no because my box looks like a 3rd grader built it haha. it was my first ported box and i did the math wrong when figuring out the port so when i built it it was tuned to 24 instead of 34. so i tore it apart and attempted to fix it. now there are peices that dont line up. and it really just looks shitty

I understand that you are set on running two amps but it can be difficult to align the settings for both amps. I wish I could expand for you but I have only heard that it can be difficult to set the amps equally, maybe somebody who knows more will chime in.

maybe i am wrong and i appreciate you bringing this up because i did not know this. but could i just set the dials all to the same spots on both amps?

Yeah, show us what we have missed out on so far.... We love some pics!! :popcorn:

no because my box looks like a 3rd grader built it haha. it was my first ported box and i did the math wrong when figuring out the port so when i built it it was tuned to 24 instead of 34. so i tore it apart and attempted to fix it. now there are peices that dont line up. and it really just looks shitty

:roflmao: We all started somewhere, and we learn from our mistakes. Anybody that has not made a mistake has done nothing.

haha i dont have any pictures of it right now but if you guys really want to see it i will take a picture of it tomorrow

also if its going to be difficult to run 2 amps can anyone recommend me a single amp to run both subs at 1000 rms each? thanks

maybe i am wrong and i appreciate you bringing this up because i did not know this. but could i just set the dials all to the same spots on both amps?

I really dont know to be honest, Im just starting to increase my knowledgee about electrical. I do know that if youre running 2 amps there is a dominant amp and slave; this may affect settings. Like I said, hopefully someone who knows more will help inform us both on the matter. Until then, you may want to hold off on the two amp idea just because Im sure you dont want to deal with the extra difficulty.

I really dont know to be honest, Im just starting to increase my knowledgee about electrical. I do know that if youre running 2 amps there is a dominant amp and slave; this may affect settings. Like I said, hopefully someone who knows more will help inform us both on the matter. Until then, you may want to hold off on the two amp idea just because Im sure you dont want to deal with the extra difficulty.

ok thanks for the heads up

also if its going to be difficult to run 2 amps can anyone recommend me a single amp to run both subs at 1000 rms each? thanks

There are several amps that we will great pushing two drivers at 1000wrms but it all depends on your price range. I do know that somebody is trying to sell an incriminator audio 20.1 in the classifieds for around 400. If I remember correctly it is rated at 1800 wrms at 1 ohm but Im sure it can provide above rated watts.

Not sure on these cars, but have you heard about any problems with the stock speakers and amps having a problem with an aftermarket deck? I know some vehicles have problems with this, but like i said i dont have any experience with this particular model! GL with the build. And yes we all started somewhere!

there is no real problems with the stock amp/speakers and an aftermarket deck. the only problem with any of the bose system in the G is that the channels start not working after a while. for instance right now, when i play a cd. only the front right speaker works. yet when i play the radio. they all work.

come on Kenny, we want pics... :popcorn:

haha ricky you will see it sunday. btw are you going to have room in whatever you are driving that day to bring my box to me?

come on Kenny, we want pics... :popcorn:

haha ricky you will see it sunday. btw are you going to have room in whatever you are driving that day to bring my box to me?

gonna be going in a jetta most likey with a big ass trunk... lol

Well thats good man, just wanted to make sure. GL with the build, and if you need any other performance parts or anything let me know.

still dont have a picture since its raining and i dont feel like opening my trunk in the pouring rain.

but here is a picture for you. nothing special. just my stinger splitters for the power and ground wires for the amps

vztuty.jpg

Edited by illestG

not sure yet. if i have time i am going to pull everything out of the car, take the subs out of the box, plug in all my new wiring and then put the subs in the back seat til i get that box and amp from you on sunday. and IF i have the time to do that then yea i will do the install on sunday