mkremer90

moving on

im new to this forum but not new to car audio. ive done many installs in many types of cars trucks and suvs. i have installed sundown some times before and now im deciding on buying a pair of sa-8s.

i drive a 95 dodge ram 1500 single cab that i just bought. currently i have 2 jbl p1224 12s in a downfiring box center console build in a 3.96 cubed box after compensation tuned to about 37 htz on 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm on a hifonics brutus amp. ive heard sundown sa 12s sound incredibly good and i just want to make sure im not going to lose any output by running two of these 8s from my two 12s that mount at 14 and 5/8s and weigh 33 lbs a peice. i guess i just want some clarity that i wont be losing output, or if i am not much. (i will be running them on the same amp and ill be buying a new highoutput alt, in a 1.2-1.4 cu ft box. thanks for the replies!

welcome to the forums. I cant really speak on the sa8's or the JBL subs you have now but I havent heard anything bad about those sa8's. seem to be a well built sub and from all the reviews people seem to be really happy with them. Search around the forums here, alot of info on those particular subs.

thanks for the quick reply! i been doing some research on them and im impressed. i guess the main reason i want to somewhat downgrade is because im tired of the huge coffe table inbetween my seats lol. like i said before i build a box for my buddys sa12 in his 00 bmw 328i on a 2100 brutus at 1ohm and its louder than most 2 12 setups around town. for awhile i wanted to run 1 audioque hdc3 15 but it calls for alot of space lol.

Is the SA8 a great sub? Yes. Is it very capable? Yes. Will 55% less cone area be as loud? Don't get your hopes up. I don't have any experience with those JBL's, but you're trying to make up quite a bit of difference when you aren't starting with an absolutely terrible sub to start with. I'm not saying they can't do it, but don't get disappointed if it doesn't.

ok thanks alot, i was just wondering if i can possibly get the same sound or somewhat near same output with the sa8. im very happy with the jbls and they do get loud but its not realistic to have in my daily driver truck. if i lose some sound output with the sa8s its ok i was just wondering if anyone had any input. thanks!

well i still havent ordered anything because im undicided on what i want.

i want to get the sa8s to try something new, but i was wondering if i could get somewhat close to the same sound and spl if i ran another downfiring centerconsole box with say a single sa 15, sa 12 or a ssa icon 12 or 15? any suggestions?

as of right now the only thing holding me back is picking what to order, ive never owned 15s before or 8s, but if i ran 15s it would be one opposed to multiple 8s.

whatever sub i choose i will be throwing 1200w rms at it at 1ohm, whether its the 2 sa8s or a single sa 12 sa 15 or icon 12 or 15

any help is appreciated!!!!!

well i still havent ordered anything because im undicided on what i want.

i want to get the sa8s to try something new, but i was wondering if i could get somewhat close to the same sound and spl if i ran another downfiring centerconsole box with say a single sa 15, sa 12 or a ssa icon 12 or 15? any suggestions?

as of right now the only thing holding me back is picking what to order, ive never owned 15s before or 8s, but if i ran 15s it would be one opposed to multiple 8s.

whatever sub i choose i will be throwing 1200w rms at it at 1ohm, whether its the 2 sa8s or a single sa 12 sa 15 or icon 12 or 15

any help is appreciated!!!!!

Are you sure a 15 would fit, width wise? Personally I'd swap your JBL's for a pair of SA's and call it a day. 1200 watts is pushing it for a single SA, thats the point it would be worth going to a Zv2. If you're wanting to go with a smaller box you could do a pair of SA8's for sure.

if i build another center console box, yes a 15 would fit. the jbl "12s" now mount at 14 and 5/8. and i have 17 inches of clearance between seat belt buckle to buckle. i just got my taxes back so maybe ill buy two sa12s and two sa8s lol. just to have some open options but as of right now ill be sticking to the 8s.

will post what i ordered on monday and post up picks when my goodies come in and a build log.

thanks!

if i build another center console box, yes a 15 would fit. the jbl "12s" now mount at 14 and 5/8. and i have 17 inches of clearance between seat belt buckle to buckle. i just got my taxes back so maybe ill buy two sa12s and two sa8s lol. just to have some open options but as of right now ill be sticking to the 8s.

will post what i ordered on monday and post up picks when my goodies come in and a build log.

thanks!

Just a fun fact, you can order from me, should you choose to do so :fing34:

lol ok ill keep that in mind! thanks again

Where in MI are you located?

southwestern, only about 25 miles from indiana

in the 49047 to be exact :dancing:

Koo! Shoot me a PM if you want to sell the JBLs. I'm in South Bend, so no need to ship.

in the 49047 to be exact :dancing:

Welcome. I'm from Kzoo, MI. Need any help let me know.

Koo! Shoot me a PM if you want to sell the JBLs. I'm in South Bend, so no need to ship.

already sold sorry lol a friend from chicago is picking them up tomorrow

will do young. i got some other friends here on ssa, just moved back here so if u know of any db drags/comps send me a pm or somethin