WeDgE

Some pics of my ghetto install

Is the H/U easy to see/use way back there ?

You couldve at least put that PG on straight...sheesh

That's not a HU...the pc is my HU. :)

Yes it is easy to see/reach, it sits right beside my thigh.

Yeahhh I could've but then it'd be hard to see the dials. :D

I like it so far. Can't wait to see the finale.

That, my friend, will entail a different vehicle entirely (read: new... :D ). :)

Edited by WeDgE

That's not a HU...the pc is my HU.  :)

Yes it is easy to see/reach, it sits right beside my thigh.

Yeahhh I could've but then it'd be hard to see the dials.  :D

:yaya:

Its still a H/U.

Is that the RUX-C701 next to your thigh?

If the kicks were covered, they'd look sweet. How do you like those CSS drivers? What are they hp'd at and are they able to get em to play flat up to 20khz?

No, the 701 doesn't do amber. ;)

Yes, they'd look sweet if covered, but I am taking out the 4's and putting in some Polk 5.25" coaxs (they will sell with the car) and then I will cover them. They're not too bad, though, I'd rather run them in home. They're hp'd around 140hz since I took out my XXX mids. No idea if they play flat out to 20khz as I haven't RTA'd. :)

That, my friend, will entail a different vehicle entirely (read: new... :D ).  :)

Shoot. What about IB? Any idea on new ride and system plans? Or is it a secret?

Still planning on IB in this car, still waiting on the 12.

Well, *fingers crossed* my next vehicle will be a WRX ('03 or newer).

I'm not sure what the heck I want for a front stage though...most likey DIY so I can run active, just not sure what drivers...maybe Dayton 3-way (tweet in a-pillar, midrange in kicks, midbass in door)... Aaand not sure if I want to do 5.1 or not.

But the substage is set with either two or three SI 12s IB'd, CarPC & H700 (obviously... :P ), Kicker KX800.4 and PG Tantrum 1200.1.

Bleh, I hate when ppl keep system plans secret...no secrets with this guy... :)

Well, *fingers crossed* my next vehicle will be a WRX ('03 or newer). 

How soon do you think this'll happen? Year or so?

Boy that'll be nice - you deserve it! :)

All depends if I can find a stable job in the HR field after school ends in April. And if the payments are within my budget (have to factor in full coverage insurance b/c I will have to finance..and don't want to lease b/c you can't mod it at all... :evil: ). Yeah, I'd say within a year or so.

:) Thanks Steve, means alot. :)

That ghetto install won't last long in corners with a WRX, but works for now. How does the carputer handle the cold?

That ghetto install won't last long in corners with a WRX, but works for now.  How does the carputer handle the cold?

Of course not, esp. the way I drive...lol. I've had the tires crying out around turns in the Accord and the rack has held up... :D

Possibly going with a false floor setup.

Good so far, but the coldest it's been was only -13*C.

Edited by WeDgE

A friend of mine bought a non-STI and low and behold 6 months later traded it on an STI. Expensive mistake. IMO go big or go home! Especially if it is a stretch to pay for, then make sure you are in love first.

Well, the new Legacy GT has piqued my interest as well... :D

My boss has one ... in black. No joke. Very nice car ...

The interior seems to be from a different car - I mean, it doesn't look like a MSRP $40, 000 vehicle interior ... it's like it would be found in a more expensive vehicle. The leather is so nice.

He takes it over the mountain passes every other day between offices and has never had a problem with it. I walked in and seen it out front today and it looks as though he drove it through about 8" of mud yesterday.

Go test drive one if you haven't already. Or wait 'til there's a nice amount of snow on the road. You can push it pretty hard before you start to move.

*cough*ryan*cough*

Hey, my mind changes so much, it's really never worth letting the cat out of the bag. :P