Sign in to follow this  
BTL15

2 BTL's or 4 X's

Hey guys it's been a while since I've posted on here and I just wanted to know what yall think. I've got a 2nd generation BTL and I'm thinking about selling it and upgrading. Which would be louder 2 BTL's or 4 X's both scenarios would be 15's? I know the more the surface area the louder but would the power make any difference in the application. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

I would do BTLs personally. If you have room for 4 15" subs why not 2 18" BTLs? Or were you going to seal the 4 15s? It would help if you provided more info such as goals, budget, electrical, vehicle, etc.

I would do BTLs personally. If you have room for 4 15" subs why not 2 18" BTLs? Or were you going to seal the 4 15s? It would help if you provided more info such as goals, budget, electrical, vehicle, etc.

:sleepwerd4: , what he said

Really its all in the install but cone area does not always win, that is usually a fair rule when comparing two like/identical subs. In this case I would say motor force would prevail and more than likely the BTL's should be louder but too many factors to make a ultimate decision.

Not sure what car it would go in yet still deciding (probably Hyundai sonata) , but yes the x's would be sealed. The main reason I didn't want 18's was the higher price and space needed. I will have a 1/0 big 3 upgrade, ho alternator, and XS power 3400 battery. For the budget I would like to keep the price of the total setup under $1,000 for the subs and enclosure but i'll be fine if its a little higher.

If your worried about which will be louder then 2-15" BTL's ported will win. /thread

No comparison in the X vs the BTL other than both made by Fi.

Keep the BTL's!

2 BTL 15s but this is gonna get pretty pricey to find an amp/amps to run 2 BTLs at rms, and that single battery is most likely not going to cut it. I'm also guessing you're wanting to build a wall since it will be tough to fit in the trunk. We're still really lacking alot of information here.

2 BTL 15s but this is gonna get pretty pricey to find an amp/amps to run 2 BTLs at rms, and that single battery is most likely not going to cut it. I'm also guessing you're wanting to build a wall since it will be tough to fit in the trunk. We're still really lacking alot of information here.

I already have a Crescendo 3000KWP amp that puts out 3,400 rms at 1 ohms, this will be a temporary amp. The XS Power will not be the main battery but as a 2nd battery stored in the trunk. The trunk has a 16.4 Cu.ft capacity and I think it should be plenty big enough. What other information do you need?

This trunk will suffer !

Make the subs fire through the cabin. Or get 12" subs. The box will need room to work.

Don't forget room for amps and battery in the trunk.

Post pics of this build ! We love pics :)

This trunk will suffer !

Make the subs fire through the cabin. Or get 12" subs. The box will need room to work.

Don't forget room for amps and battery in the trunk.

Post pics of this build ! We love pics :)

I was thinking to help with the space issue, could I create a port like opening in the rear panel to help increase the space but still keep the back seats. I've seen it done before and it doesn't look to bad and it seems like it could work?

Sign in to follow this