25 members have voted

1. 1. which sub is better for what i want?

• RE audio sx 15 in ported box (brand new)
    • Sundown audio sa 15 no box new
    • kicker L7 15 no box new
    • 1 12" incrimator DR series new
    • TC sounds LMS-R 12 new

just a few ideas real quick

Iv had a zx series kicker amp. Mine didn't have a sub sonic filter, so you might want to check that as it will be needed for good sound quality and the life of your sub unless you want to bottom out your sub especially if your over powering :suicide-santa: . Otherwise sell it get a smaller amp with good quality and have a setup you would like. Also im still not exactly sure of you price range but look into FI they have a huge selection of different subs suited to different power applications. But out of the choices you provided id go with the sundown or the incriminator.

what ever you choose to do i hope all goes well

Kicker has a fixed subsonic filter. Its either on and off, and since you owned one, shouldn't you know that?

And since when isn't Kicker good quality? What do you suggest that is so much better?( I'm not saying their isn't)

OP, MTX 9500s can get quiet loud, and honestly one SA15 at 750rms probably won't be as loud as two 12 9500s on 1500rms(I'm assuming this.)

yes i relized that after posting did some searching, i dont see why they cant but a selectable knob instead of a switch, i dont see the use in that (my opinion), however there amps are actually pretty good, my zx lasted and never had a problem with it, however my AQ is much better, it dont get hot, and i find the SQ is better, now kicker as far as there subs i dont care for them, i find no SQ from them, but some people love them and work great for them, so sorry for speaking,, listening is learning

Question, why are you selling your 9500 12"s? Those are very good woofers.

well the two of them together was drawing WAY to much power. i even did the big 3, and added a second deep cycle battery and it was still killing it. they are great woofers and i suggjest them to anyone...... that is anyone who can afford them lol. pricy but i think there well worth the money. heres what happened. i had 1 of my 2 on craigslist ( i planned on keeping 1) and i was swamped with calls and text on the 1 i was selling. once i sold it, people were still lighting me up and i told them i was keeping one unless someone was willing to pay 300 for it ( i was asking for 250 for my 1st one) i didnt think anyone was going to pay that much but sure enough i just sold it ( about 20 mins ago lol) im going to buy a sub today and its looking like the sa 15 wins lol but im still not positive. iv never heard or even seen one in person :ughdunno:

yesterday, i got on youtube and looked up the sa 15 and actually it looks pretty impressive for the price. im soposed to be selling both my 9500's on friday so as long as he buys BOTH ill be getting the sa 15. i have alot of people wanting just one so idk....

I didn't suggest SA because your not going to get the most out your amp.

Why only run your amp at half power instead of spending a little more money and getting a sub that will.

A SSA Xcon is made in the USA vs China of the Sundown.(Not saying anything bad, some people its important. Sundown is very good quality.)

If you think you'll be happy with the SA go for it. But videos on youtube doesn't really describe much on the sub. Flex videos mean hardly anything. I hope you know that.

well power is an issue here. i had both my 9500's on my zx1500.1 at 2 ohms (1500@2 ohms) and it killed my alt. i want a sub that's no more than 1000rms at the most. thats y im think the sa 15 is the way to go here. i can run my amp at 4 ohms (750@4 ohms) and my electrical wont be killed and ill still have a nice sounding set-up. what do u think?

Edited by Lantz

Id go with the sa or the death row both are nice subs

x2

leaning more toward the IA, i think it will handle your power better and possibly sound better.

but if you want to run 750 watts then the SA15 for sure would be your best bet for output, in my opinion.

ok fellas, heres another curve ball for you.... the SA15 or the lethal injection 15????? they are the same power handleing and everything. what do u guys think?

yesterday, i got on youtube and looked up the sa 15 and actually it looks pretty impressive for the price. im soposed to be selling both my 9500's on friday so as long as he buys BOTH ill be getting the sa 15. i have alot of people wanting just one so idk....

I didn't suggest SA because your not going to get the most out your amp.

Why only run your amp at half power instead of spending a little more money and getting a sub that will.

A SSA Xcon is made in the USA vs China of the Sundown.(Not saying anything bad, some people its important. Sundown is very good quality.)

If you think you'll be happy with the SA go for it. But videos on youtube doesn't really describe much on the sub. Flex videos mean hardly anything. I hope you know that.

lol i have a 1965 302 mustang. made in usa is a BIGGG deal with me. but there comes the price. i dont have the cash to buy any made in usa sub. thats y chinas auto industry (mainly) took off. cheap and good gas mileage lol. if i had the cash to buy the xcon i would but its to much for me right now.

Xcon isn't the only USA made sub.

Check out Fi's lineup. The Q is similar to the Xcon, and with all the options should take 1500rms.

SA is a good sub, but I think 1 15 on 750rms will be a downgrade from your setup you have now.

Check the Classifieds, I'm sure you can stubble across a sub that will take amp for what your looking to spend.

I might would even look at AudioQue HDC3.

Its not that I dislike your choice, but I don't think your looking to downgrade.

IA LI 15

and im pretty sure the sundown coils are USA made, which from my reading is the impotant part you want made in america. i could be wrong.

Get a DC Level 3 - Made in america and roughly ~200

or a level 4 on your 1500 watts.

and dont quote me on the DC made in USA, cant find any proof of that, my dealer told me this though.

Dc eh, old copied designs, inefficient w/ high power ratings = must be good!

Look for some used xcons

Look for some used xcons

lol really?

Look for some used xcons

lol really?

lol really.

And xcons aren't the only thing I'd look for, just not dc subs. :)

Look for some used xcons

lol really?

lol really.

lol i suggested IA before anything...

what a tool.

Look for some used xcons

lol really?

lol really.

what a tool.

I never said anything about incriminator, just simply stating that I personally wouldn't go with dc for the above posted reasons.

Yeah I guess I'm a tool? :fing34:

DC is not American.

DC drops softparts in American.

On level 3 and above anyway.

If you want DC, go to SMD, they worship that shit. For reasons I have no idea.

Look for some used xcons

lol really?

lol really.

what a tool.

I never said anything about incriminator, just simply stating that I personally wouldn't go with dc for the above posted reasons.

sorry shouldnt have called you a tool.

Have you ever held a DC or looked at one in person? I have had both 2008 RE SE 10s SX 10 and 12s, and Just got these level 4 DCs. MUUUUUCH different. yeah maybe the basket is the same, that means nothing.

Yeah im sure there able to get loud and sound decent but just don't like their history as a company. Would rather spend my money with ssa fi or sundown.

No worries

Look for some used xcons

lol really?

lol really.

what a tool.

sorry shouldnt have called you a tool.

Have you ever held a DC or looked at one in person? I have had both 2008 RE SE 10s SX 10 and 12s, and Just got these level 4 DCs. MUUUUUCH different. yeah maybe the basket is the same, that means nothing.

I have looked at DC in person.

And we are talking about old RE before US Amps bought them.

If you've ever had a DC you would notice the horrible machine groves and rings inside the vent pole.

I know they aren't seen but damn. They are some of the worst I've ever seen.

Lies... :peepwall:

:lol:

Lies... :peepwall:

:lol:

I don't know how you deal with it. 90% of the people nuthug over there.

The other 10% can't comment on it without being called a basher.

So far on this forum I have yet to hear anybody say nuthug or bash.

You already have a Kicker amp ... IDK, I say go with the Kicker to match ... :drink40:

After all this and no solution ... go figure ... this is still my suggestion based on what the op wants out of his system ...

again, just my suggestion please ... thanks, Randal ... :drink40:

If DC is considered, Fi or IA should come before in the conversation, if SSA is in there that would be great too. :)