smashedz28

daaaaamn

Just a crazy idea I had. Suspension isnt very tight. cone moves with ease. Still unsure of this but the coils read higher than what i usually see on a D2 coiled subwoofer, think it was close to 2.4 per coil.. thought it was a sign of being abused or worn out?? still unsure on any truth to that. either way i thought i had nothing to loose and emailed for info on a recone. Go ahead and throw that idea out the window. Buying a used subwoofer you never truly know how the person before you treated it.

Does it have alot of spider sag to it? If you look straight across the spider you can tell.That will change the reading of the coils

No..

A coil has X feet of wire on it for a desired dcr.

The only time you get added resistance is when you get a tinsel popping or a solder joint that is half melted from clipping the thing to death.

Then why does the ohms change when you put pressure on the cone or set something light on it? Wouldn't that change what the amp see's as to a ohm load or doesn't it work like that?

You are moving wire in a magnetic gap creating a field.

Just a crazy idea I had. Suspension isnt very tight. cone moves with ease. Still unsure of this but the coils read higher than what i usually see on a D2 coiled subwoofer, think it was close to 2.4 per coil.. thought it was a sign of being abused or worn out?? still unsure on any truth to that. either way i thought i had nothing to loose and emailed for info on a recone. Go ahead and throw that idea out the window. Buying a used subwoofer you never truly know how the person before you treated it.

Does it have alot of spider sag to it? If you look straight across the spider you can tell.That will change the reading of the coils

No..

A coil has X feet of wire on it for a desired dcr.

The only time you get added resistance is when you get a tinsel popping or a solder joint that is half melted from clipping the thing to death.

Then why does the ohms change when you put pressure on the cone or set something light on it? Wouldn't that change what the amp See's as to a ohm load or doesn't it work like that?

You are moving wire in a magnetic gap creating a field.

So if the suspension is loose in his speaker and it does have minor sag that might be why he gets the 2.4 ohm reading?