Slumpin

i think my new crossfire vr-2000d is junk

i just bought a crossfire vr-2000d that was apparently modded to handle high voltages and .5 ohm loads. well, today i hooked it up just to see if it worked, and to my dismay, it wasnt as loud turned up 2/3 of the way as my nine.1 was at 2/3. this amp should do more than twice the power of the nine.1 so im a little confused.

it does play, bass sounds fine, its just not loud. i have both power supplies hooked up, a 1/0 gauge from my battery going back to a dist. block into 2 4 gauge wires, and just 2 4 gauges at the back grounding the power supplies. my electrical system is very solid, and both power supplies are getting 14.5 volts. the remote wires are both getting about 13.2 volts. i have just one remote wire from the deck back to the amp split into 2 now, havent gotten the relay yet, i was just testing out the amp to make sure it worked. the speakers are wired up to give a 1 ohm load, and they are plugged into the correct speaker terminals for mono operation, so it should be giving me like 2800x1, but i'd guess its doing about 800-900x1.

is there anything else i can do to troubleshoot this thing? is it possible only one power supply is functional, and the amp still works but with only half the power?

What are the amp settings set at... it could just be turned WAY down b/c my Autotek MM4000.1 came allthe settings were all the way down... that would be the most obvious place to start, but if u have already adjusted i dunno??

Does it hit voltage measured on a DMM? Check input and output..

yes i measured 14.5 volts on both power supply inputs with the car running. the speaker outputs were measuring a bit lower than my nine.1 does, it usually will go to about 34 volts before it starts spiking, this was going to about 28.

its got me a little worried because i just spent 520 bucks on a used amp with no warranty thats been modded :Doh:

whew. turns out i had plugged in the wrong set of rcas lol. so instead of getting a sub signal from my deck at +10, it was getting my components signal at -3. brilliant huh?

anyway, i hooked it up the right way and it pounds, to say the least.

520 isnt actually a huge amount for this amp, the cheapest i've heard of them going for new is 650, and a lot of places online list them for 1k. those are supposedly only 2 ohm stable, although a lot of people run them at 1 ohm. this one was modded to handle high voltage and be .5 ohm stable, probably even .35 if i pushed it. no need for all that though, i just wanted an uber amp for daily that wouldnt have to break a sweat to put 2kw on my 12's and looks like i got it :slayer:

Edited by Slumpin

lol, pwned by the RCA's

I had a buddy call me up a couple weeks ago saying his stuff only sounded half as loud after he transferred everything into his new car. So I get there and he's got the left RCA plugged into the amps left input, and the right RCA plugged into the amps output. Tool.