edouble101

Look what DC Power sent me

Eric,

Put it up on the test bench and she works just fine. We're gonna look at the harness to see if that was the root cause. I'll give you more of an update tomorrow.

Thanks for looking into it.

Chris, I can send you a larger pulley if you would like, that should fix it for you. Eric, I have no idea what was going on with your alt, still brand new and nothing was loose inside.. I'll tear it apart and change the reg just to be sure, and I'm also going to clean up the housing and make sure I mod the others when I do your so there isn't any bracket clearance. Then I'll set it up for the idler and get it off back to you in the next couple days.. Rob

Chris, I can send you a larger pulley if you would like, that should fix it for you. Eric, I have no idea what was going on with your alt, still brand new and nothing was loose inside.. I'll tear it apart and change the reg just to be sure, and I'm also going to clean up the housing and make sure I mod the others when I do your so there isn't any bracket clearance. Then I'll set it up for the idler and get it off back to you in the next couple days.. Rob

Thank you.

Since I reinstalled the stock alternator and it has been working. I do not think the issue is with my car or the install. But I will deffinitly let you know if something arises.

I look forward to reinstall the 270XP, thank you.

I dont think there was anything wrong on your part.. This just happens sometimes.. Kind of like a "ghost in the machine" type of thing.. Either way, we'll get it sorted out.. Rob

:) Thank you

was driving my girls grand prix yesterday and voltage dropped to 12.7v for a while, then jumped back up to 15v.

Is yours pcm controlled? If so and it happens again i'd say drive around for a minute and see if it changes.

If its not pcm controlled then yea like rob said regulator might have been buggin out. lol

Just my 2c

Edited by djjdnap

Chris, I can send you a larger pulley if you would like, that should fix it for you.

But the problem with that is it will decrease output. Can no idler pulley be made for this setup?

Chris, I can send you a larger pulley if you would like, that should fix it for you.

But the problem with that is it will decrease output. Can no idler pulley be made for this setup?

Your talking about *maybe* 15 amps at idle, MAYBE, on a bad day.. You have to remember, your down almost a full 1" in diameter from stock, 200 alt RPMs is meaningless at those speeds your turning at idle. You will most likely never notice the difference.. Without it costing ~$150, no.. There's nothing to mount it to (easily) and a whole other bracket would have to be fabbed. And for a one-off piece, it's not even on the radar to do because of whats involved, trust me, I beat this horse here WAY too long. If it could be done easily, it would have been done a LONG, LONG time ago..

Do you have any idea when the idler pulley and alternator will be shipped to me?

Thanks, Eric

As soon as we get done with what we have on the lathe the spacers are next.. I had to order some special drills for these, that's what hung us up.. It will either ship tomorrow or Friday though for sure. I also had the pulley offset wrong, so it's going to have a different pulley on it as well.. Rob

Sounds like a plan, thanks Rob.

I will take pictures of the install for you then as well.

I did get his done, just didn't get it shipped in the chaos yesterday.. It will ship Monday for sure.. I put a bigger pulley on it as well which will help with the belt, and it won't affect idle performance much if any. If anything it will be better..

I did get his done, just didn't get it shipped in the chaos yesterday.. It will ship Monday for sure.. I put a bigger pulley on it as well which will help with the belt, and it won't affect idle performance much if any. If anything it will be better..

Thanks for the update Rob.

Btw, please send it to my new address that I pm'd you a little while ago.

Thank you.

@edouble101

I'm not trying to be too rude with this question but;

How come in a lot of threads in DC power you talk about how bad your service was with them and how you got a refund for your alternator. But now Rob sent you a free alternator and it's okay now. Also, why did you get a free alternator? I just don't understand the logic in all of it. :puzzled:

Just because you receive a free product from a company doesn't make their customer service any better... :shrug:

@edouble101

How come in a lot of threads in DC power you talk about how bad your service was with them and how you got a refund for your alternator. But now Rob sent you a free alternator and it's okay now. Also, why did you get a free alternator? I just don't understand the logic in all of it. :puzzled:

Just because you receive a free product from a company doesn't make their customer service any better... :shrug:

Shit when ever i get free stuff thats the best customer service i can ever get..dont care if i waited a year free is free...

@edouble101

Shit when ever i get free stuff thats the best customer service i can ever get..dont care if i waited a year free is free...

Agreed. They realized THEY made a mistake, and made it right with the customer. THAT is GOOD customer service. GREAT customer service is not having a problem at all.

J

@edouble101

..... I still have an alternator sitting here for you... Kyle and I were debating, I told him I wanted to PM you and tell you I was going to still send you the alternator, he said to just send it. It's my company though and I dont like sending $600 packages to people without them knowing... Anyways, how bout I send you the XP I have built tomorrow, touch it, feel it, put it in. If you want to keep it, I'll make you a killer deal on it. If your not interested, no worries, I at least had to offer it to you. I have no hard feelings towards you, and hopefully you harbor none towards me. Im sorry I got into it with you. I've been working 18hr days for the last 8 days straight, and I am not exactly not high strung right now. Like I said the other day, I should know better when to walk away from a heated discussion, or something that could escalate to that.

Anyways, I had to at least extend the olive branch, if not only for doing what's good business practice, I had to do it for my own personal peace of mind. I hope you understand..

Rob

Robbie offered his product to me at no up front cost. He knows his product is the best in it's class and had no doubts that I would see the same. He also knows that I will pay him for his product. What the cost is that I pay Robbie for the alternator is between himself and me.

It is obvious to everybody else why my situation was handled the way it was. Hell that's why I made this thread to begin with. So please tell me WHAT YOU do not understand :puzzled: I hope this is not another superfluous post by you but it sure does look as though.

@edouble101

..... I still have an alternator sitting here for you... Kyle and I were debating, I told him I wanted to PM you and tell you I was going to still send you the alternator, he said to just send it. It's my company though and I dont like sending $600 packages to people without them knowing... Anyways, how bout I send you the XP I have built tomorrow, touch it, feel it, put it in. If you want to keep it, I'll make you a killer deal on it. If your not interested, no worries, I at least had to offer it to you. I have no hard feelings towards you, and hopefully you harbor none towards me. Im sorry I got into it with you. I've been working 18hr days for the last 8 days straight, and I am not exactly not high strung right now. Like I said the other day, I should know better when to walk away from a heated discussion, or something that could escalate to that.

Anyways, I had to at least extend the olive branch, if not only for doing what's good business practice, I had to do it for my own personal peace of mind. I hope you understand..

Rob

Robbie offered his product to me at no up front cost. He knows his product is the best in it's class and had no doubts that I would see the same. He also knows that I will pay him for his product. What the cost is that I pay Robbie for the alternator is between himself and me.

It is obvious to everybody else why my situation was handled the way it was. Hell that's why I made this thread to begin with. So please tell me WHAT YOU do not understand :puzzled: I hope this is not another superfluous post by you but it sure does look as though.

Well that's weird. Because in another topic i read that he sold that alternator right after you wanted a refund. He told you that too. Sorry i can't pull the quote up.

There has been a lot of situations that were not handled well, so i don't understand why your more special then all of the other DC power customers who had a horrible time working with DC power.

I don't appriciate you trying to call me names. You can, as it is your choice. I haven't bashed you at all, and i don't plan to. I hope you feel better putting me down. I just don't understand your train of thought (or rob's), which i am trying to understand.

@edouble101

Rob

Well that's weird. Because in another topic i read that he sold that alternator right after you wanted a refund. He told you that too. Sorry i can't pull the quote up.

There has been a lot of situations that were not handled well, so i don't understand why your more special then all of the other DC power customers who had a horrible time working with DC power.

I don't appriciate you trying to call me names. You can, as it is your choice. I haven't bashed you at all, and i don't plan to. I hope you feel better putting me down. I just don't understand your train of thought (or rob's), which i am trying to understand.

Hmm, I'll add to all this.

Ordered my dc alt, took a few weeks to get it, not a big deal, DC Power upgraded me from a 230xp alt to a 270xp.

When I had problems about wiring the bypass harness, I called Robbie's cell and he walked me through to make sure everything was okay. Turned out wiring was fine, just needed to tighten the belt (had belt squeal but figured I'd fix that once I got the alt working).

Now six months later, I have a new vehicle, DC Power says they can swap internals from xp alt and all I'll have to pay for is a new case. Well my new vehicle has been a little challenge, DC Power can't use the xp internals so they have to make an entire new alt...

Robbie says just send back the xp alt and we'll trade it straight across for the new alt. Just went from costing me a hundred bucks or so for a new case to just the cost of shipping.

So yeah, pretty awesome CS if you ask me...

the whole thing is dc power is or went thru a massive transition about getting CNC machines without closing up shop...

Yea.. it's not the customers fault for not stalking dc power on their progress but hopefully by now or at least soon will things get more situated and flow evenly for everybody.

Point is... bumps in the road will occur and that's what it is... Obviously Darktin is sore about his issues but they will get resolved... Hopefully soon rather than later... But to come into another thread and try to bash someone's feeling on THEIR situation is not called for. Either way, I hope all these issues get resolved in timely manner as I would like to purchase with confidence when I do. :eek5wavey:

Point is... bumps in the road will occur and that's what it is... Obviously Darktin is sore about his issues but they will get resolved... Hopefully soon rather than later... But to come into another thread and try to bash someone's feeling on THEIR situation is not called for. Either way, I hope all these issues get resolved in timely manner as I would like to purchase with confidence when I do. :eek5wavey:

I'm pretty sure it was resolved already. He got his alt.

I was honestly just wondering. I wasn't even trying to be rude. I am not sore about it and like phi said, my issue is resolved. Im not trying to bash anyone, I even said that. Also, I was just asking. I just felt like there is a lot of people that had the same problem as the OP and they don't get free alts. Some of them waited longer. however, I am not asking for one or complaining. Just wondering. my situation wasnt as bad as most peoples.

@edouble101

Rob

I will reply to your comment one last time. After that you are on your own...

DC Power probably makes alternators in batches. I also know for a fact that I am not the only one that is receiving this alternator for this car. So he probably did sell an alternator that was originally designed for my vehicle's application but my point is that I am not the only person with this car and that has a need for a DC Power alt.

DC Power has handled each "problem" differently. DC Power truly does want happy customers and has shown that many many times. Is DC Power perfect? No. And that is why you see instances such as mine AND YOURS. They might phuck up but they try to make up for it.

And my situation is special? Really? Piss off :fryingpan: You are the guy that was bad mouthing DC Power left and right. You even called them screaming and throwing a fit. Would I have given you service or a product after that? Hell NO. Even after all of your whining about being broke and this and that they still helped you. That was DC Power's way of going above and beyond FOR YOU.

Sigh. Really? Again? Come on bro. :Doh: Ugh...sigh...ugh

If you are (I think you are) confused by my statement "I hope this is not another superfluous post by you but it sure does look as though." It means that "I hope this is not another unnecessary post by you....." This is hardly calling you names.

I hope that you understand the reason for this thread. If you do not then I guess you will just be confused.

Good luck to you DarkTinman!