Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

2nd SWVA TeamSSAudio meet

gaddamn that was alot of work

my ass is out like a porch light in the ghetto.

gaddamn that was alot of work

my ass is out like a porch light in the ghetto.

How does the Benz look/sound ? :D

Jim deal with the van?

Everyone behave? :lol:

werd

n00bx Dave betta have dem pix0rs up.

The Benz has a front stage now :) The two Orions per door have midbass like woah...needs a lot of tuning and vinyl cosmetic chit, but the grunt work is basically done for the cabin. The pictures will probably tell a better story...

The van has a front stage again as well...I got the speakers mounted on the acrylic baffles and everything sounds decent for now. The big test is going to come Tuesday or whenever I get around to putting the door panels back on and seeing if I get that extra 1/8" or so that I needed.

i got very few pics due to the fact.....that there wasnt really much to take pics of :P

Aarons pods:

DSCF0509Small.jpg

DSCF0510Small.jpg

All of this wire came out of the Benz. About 3/4 of it was behind the dash.

DSCF0512Small.jpg

Yum, dinner. ~$150 worth of meat *drools*

DSCF0515Small.jpg

Nick with all the wire, you can see the SPL dust in the air, haha

DSCF0516Small.jpg

Purdy, but that's a lot of wire.

DSCF0519Small.jpg

I'm uploading the vid that was the initial run of the Eclipse HU and the Pods, when it uploads it will be added.

Edited by Slacker

That's a ton of wire.

Those RCA's in the Orion look nice :P

Grille looks good.

Door panels will look awesome when they're done :)

Those RCA's in the Orion look nice

Knu Krystal Kables. Longer versions of the ones I have at home. For true playas only :D

Dave took some more pics of people...Webster giving the bird... :P

Knu Krystal Kables. Longer versions of the ones I have at home. For true playas only :D

I know - I told him to get them because they're great cables and they match the Benz :lol::D

yea after removing all the wire did anyone stick around to make sure the car would still crank up?? jeez that was a crapton of wire

it was wire that the previous owner had used for all of his video equipment and i guess he thought aaron and nick would have fun ripping it out so he left it in. :D

Those door pods say " betta back up son or i'll blow you to bits"

And that is a crap ton of wires !

purple power wire :greddy2:

oh, and BTW...

My doors > Dave's doors :D

We'd like to see pics of both!

steak, cawnbread and zipties...

mmmhmmm

yeap

i'sa jussa 42 dolla pimp.

M5, I'll get pictures of what I ended up with in my doors tonight.

it was an interesting day,

Nick and Ramos helped me a TON!!!!, there was an issue because we did not know that the 8053 grounds itself to the chassis, so there was a couple of hours of us sratching our heads wondering how in the world a single wire was completing a circuit, I will let nick give the details,

like said before, there is a awful amount of tuning that needs to be done, Ramos did a great job on the pods, I need to go get some vinyl on them and permantly mount the tweets, with the gains pretty far down (near 0) the 8004 is very strong, there are so many settings on the 8053 I did not have a chance to fumble through them all on the drive home, and we forgot to wire the power antenna back up

I am flat exhausted, we did not leave Dave's house until 11:35ish and I drove essentially non-stop until 4:45 this morning, and I was in at work a little after 8,

Dave - thanks for letting us use your place, and eat the steaks !!!

I am a little pissed because I forgot to demo the 4Runner, apparently Nick has worked some magic with a parts express deal

and Jims van sounded great, but I also missed listening to the Hyundai, I did not take any pictures with my camera, oh well, it was great hanging out with everyone again, I have to say it is amazing the difference in sound when going from a larger cavernous SUV and about 100w per door and one pair of components to a smaller 2 door car and 2 sets of components and 400 watts per door..

i wanna see thed pic thast dave took of my cd stuck to my dynamat, hanging from the hatch :lol:

Super Bowl Sunday...be at Dave's place or else.

Time to break into the steaks yet again :lol2:

Twas an interesting and long day to say the least. Sorry we couldn't get the vinyl on the pods man. :(:)

Twas an interesting and long day to say the least. Sorry we couldn't get the vinyl on the pods man. :(  :)

no worry, Amanda said she knows someone who knows someone who is very talented at this sort of thing,

I am not looking forward to the cutting of all the wires and marking 8 per door once I pull them off, but what is funny is that since the panels are just hanging on at the moment I can't lock the doors, I hope to get this done asap as long as the sub amp gets here soon, and I build something for it

wish we also had a chance to test that funky thing Nick had in the black box