semrod

I need help choosing a sub.

The rear deck speakers are playing everything from 70 hz on up and door speakers are playing from 100 hz and up and the sub is playing 70 hz on down.

How you figure my door speakers only play down to 70 hz and my deck speakers only play down to 60 hz so i set them a little higher and let my sub play up to 70 hz to blend in with my rear deck speakers. What are your crossover points?

so what is filling the void between 70 and 100hz?

It's not a perfect 90db cut off, the frequencies still play, just not as loud as they could.

In an active system, it's very rare the mids LPF is the same as the tweeters HPF. Usually a decent gap between the two in fact.

I may not be understanding. So should I lower the crossover points on my mids to say 70 hz on my front door speakers and 60 hz on my rear deck speakers and leave my sub crossed at 70 hz slopes are all 24db.

I may not be understanding. So should I lower the crossover points on my mids to say 70 hz on my front door speakers and 60 hz on my rear deck speakers and leave my sub crossed at 70 hz slopes are all 24db.

No, do whatever sounds best to you! It's your car, no one can tell you how it plays or sounds. That's for you to decide. :)

I just wanted your opinion you gave it before. You said it must sound bad if I'm missing something I like to know isn't this what these forums are for? Or is it pick on the newbie day? I know some people crossover their mids at 30hz. Mine don't play as low unfornately so I set mine higher.

Bassahaulic I took your advice and played with my crossover points. I set my sub at 60hz my rear deck speakers at 40hz and my fronts at 50hz so my rear speakers would blend in with my sub and I notice a difference immediately. Now my system has nice warm and clear sound.

I ordered my Sundown SA-12D2 today. Can't wait for it to come and I hooked up my RF Power T500-1BD today huge difference didnt even have to turn the gain up or the bass boost and I had a good knock going. I had to turn the sub volume and the bass on my headunit all the way down. There's no way that Hifonics amp was putting out any where near 1500 watts not even 1000 watts. So I'm selling it for sure. I'm done with Hifonics there not efficient at all. You have to throw a ton of power at them so they can get closer to their advertised wattage. I may get another RF Power amp like the 1000 watt version or an AQ or Sundown for my Explorer.