eggyhustles

If your son rapped about raping women and popping pills

10 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• whip his ass
    • send him away
    • sit him down and talk

How is this any different from the legions of kids writing metal music about similar subject matter? Or a kid writing a novel or short story with a horror element? Or a kid producing anime/manga/etc? Or a kid making a low-budget horror movie? Or making a violent video game?

No difference at all, you are correct. There is, however, a difference between being artistic and simple pandering to make a buck. Based on the fact the kid is 16, and I'm assuming he's had a more than decent upbringing, I'm going to have to side with the latter.

How is this any different from the legions of kids writing metal music about similar subject matter? Or a kid writing a novel or short story with a horror element? Or a kid producing anime/manga/etc? Or a kid making a low-budget horror movie? Or making a violent video game?

No difference at all, you are correct. There is, however, a difference between being artistic and simple pandering to make a buck. Based on the fact the kid is 16, and I'm assuming he's had a more than decent upbringing, I'm going to have to side with the latter.

Hell, after hearing from the group's leader, it sounds exactly right.

And the portrayal of women getting raped in a movie IS different because it is connected to an evil act or a bad connotation. When he raps about it and is famous, kids listen and then try to be like him. What other way of contact do kids have with him besides through his lyrics?

Hell, after hearing from the group's leader, it sounds exactly right.

And the portrayal of women getting raped in a movie IS different because it is connected to an evil act or a bad connotation. When he raps about it and is famous, kids listen and then try to be like him. What other way of contact do kids have with him besides through his lyrics?

Because this happens all the time right? There are no documented cases of anyone killing, raping, or robbing due to what they heard in some rap song

I never said it happens all the time and you nor I can prove it does or not. I'm just saying its an environmental type of learning that kids do. When you hear about hitting a woman in the ovaries enough from someone you look up to, its going to sound okay for you to do so especially with the retardedness of todays teens.

Hell, I really don't care. Its not my kid and its not affecting me. One of the reasons why I won't have any babies lol.

I never said it happens all the time and you nor I can prove it does or not. I'm just saying its an environmental type of learning that kids do. When you hear about hitting a woman in the ovaries enough from someone you look up to, its going to sound okay for you to do so especially with the retardedness of todays teens.

Hell, I really don't care. Its not my kid and its not affecting me. One of the reasons why I won't have any babies lol.

Who's fault is that, though? If you're influenced by something you heard on the radio, you're an idiot. People are too quick to blame media for stupid shit people do. Did music influence what Eric and Dylan did? Who knows. If it did, that's not the music fault. Whatever happened to individual responsibility?? Can we at least agree to that?

Its funny that I used to argue your side lol. Yes, individual responsibility is the final decider. Environmental things do affect how ones thinks.

I listen to alot of music that makes women sound like an object that doesn't matter, and they make it sound like drugs are the norm for everyone to do. I treat women with respect (I've had my gf for 2 years), and i have never used drugs. Some people are just weak minded if they are influenced by things like that, or act like that because it's "cool".

I think the mom over-reacted. A little ridiculous to send your kid to boarding school for that, and to take him away from what he loves to do. Plus he was good at it and was getting popular. Selfish move by the mother IMO.

That first video was just messed up!!! I was to busy being disgusted by the video to even listen to the lyrics!! If any of the video was real, these kids have a world of hurt and prison terms ahead of them!!

nah, more like millions of dollars and super stardom

odd-future-billboard-magazine-cover.jpg

So have you never seen a hip hop star blow his money on crap or not know how to manage it right, and end up in jail!? Happens everyday.

I listen to alot of music that makes women sound like an object that doesn't matter, and they make it sound like drugs are the norm for everyone to do. I treat women with respect (I've had my gf for 2 years), and i have never used drugs. Some people are just weak minded if they are influenced by things like that, or act like that because it's "cool".

I think the mom over-reacted. A little ridiculous to send your kid to boarding school for that, and to take him away from what he loves to do. Plus he was good at it and was getting popular.

X2 on about everything you've said. I have people compliment me all the time on my ability to say no to the drugs that are around me when i'm not in my own house, it just depends from person to person. Some can take it, others can't.

If anyone is interested, the leader of the group breaks down the rape stuff

start at 1:27

The guy certainly seems sane and smart enough , unfortunately that cant be said of all of the rest off todays youth , and thats where the problem is I think .

on a note , in the 60's ans 70's they sang about heroine and lsd , today many of them are regarded classics ... those songs ff'ed up some kids too

Anybody ever consider this is a MARKETING PLOY?

We cry for our 'locked up' homie cause boarding school in Samoa is worse than prison. People jump on board and push us out to others cause its amazing to see how great we are without him and we could only imagine how great it would be if he was still there???

J

I thought that too. If so then the mother is a hero lol.

This is not rap, this is hip hop. Rap is when the person is telling a story of their life and stuggles. Hip hop is just bling and bullshit to make money. I have no respect for those in hip hop, they are only concerned about the money. The thing about the great ones is they came straight and from the heart. Tupac, Eminem, NWA, Dre, Snoop, hell even Master P back in the day, they rapped from the heart. They let everyone know what is going on in their world. They were telling a story not just spitting about bitches and money and cars. Hell, we can even go back to Kool Moe Dee, Doug E Fresh, SLick Rick, all the pioneers. Everything out now is just marketing bull.

Has nothing to do with this topic....

Has everything to do with this topic.

This is not rap, this is hip hop. Rap is when the person is telling a story of their life and stuggles. Hip hop is just bling and bullshit to make money.

Rap is a component to hip hop music, much in the same way a guitarist or a bassist is a component of a jazz or rock group.

There is no rap music anymore, just hip hop which is nothing more than fake fucks rhyming about money and cars and clothes. That is not rap.

This is not rap, this is hip hop. Rap is when the person is telling a story of their life and stuggles. Hip hop is just bling and bullshit to make money.

Rap is a component to hip hop music, much in the same way a guitarist or a bassist is a component of a jazz or rock group.

There is no rap music anymore, just hip hop which is nothing more than fake fucks rhyming about money and cars and clothes. That is not rap.

I beg to differ brother. Atmosphere.

Also don't forget the hip hop topic of drugs and thuggery.

That is all.

J

Anybody ever consider this is a MARKETING PLOY?

We cry for our 'locked up' homie cause boarding school in Samoa is worse than prison. People jump on board and push us out to others cause its amazing to see how great we are without him and we could only imagine how great it would be if he was still there???

J

I thought that too. If so then the mother is a hero lol.

No beacuse momma is going along with it. He ain't gone to boarding school in this marketing ploy. He's still there,, just not doing shit. It a 'give us attention' cry.

J

Who's fault is that, though? If you're influenced by something you heard on the radio, you're an idiot. People are too quick to blame media for stupid shit people do. Did music influence what Eric and Dylan did? Who knows. If it did, that's not the music fault. Whatever happened to individual responsibility?? Can we at least agree to that?

THis is true if you are a grown adult with a functioning brain. It's obvious you don't have children. If you did, you would have quite a different view. It's also obvious you've been raised well and educated. There are many that are not as lucky and ARE easily persuaded by temptation and peer pressure. There is no more individual responsibility; lawyers have screwed that all up. I would love to see people held responsible for their actions again, but there are also sometimes when outside influences are directly responsible for certain individual's behavior.