Sign in to follow this  
markak134

amp in protection mode noting looks blown or melted

hey guys i have a power aucoustik amp 4 channel and its in protect and its not the wireing or anything cause we hooked up a different amp in its same location and that one works fine. i opend the power aucoustik amp and nothing looks out of place but maybe there could be something wrong of the other side of the board you cant see ? ill have to check that but i dont know if i want to completly remove the whole case so i can see the other side. im not using this amp but my friend is counting on useing it is there anything i can do , it was working fine and he called me to his house and it was on protect the fuse was blown put in a new fuse still in protect .

It is a Power Acoustik. The brand is not what it used to be. Recommendation: get a more quality amplifier.

almost sounds like it got shorted out! maybe the positive in the wrong hole? maybe the positive cable dropped on the amp case?

maybe the pre-amp section of the amp is damage who knows.

the only real way to figure anything out is to get intouch with db-r or another amp repair shop and send it in for a quote! if you want you could also get intouch with the company and ask them who they recommend you can send it in to.

general cost could be 50-200$ including shipping and tax's but generally speaking who knows maybe it isn't worth fixing in the long run!

what is the model of the amp and what does it cost BNIB?

i think it was only like $80-100

gothic series 4 channel

i bet it did get shorted because the power and ground kept falling out cause they wires are too big for it

something similar happened to me it with spl brand amp its shot you may as well just get another

i have a feeling it only broke cause those wires kept comming out and probaly hitting stuff, its because it was 2ga and very stiff wire if the wires got bumped they would pull out of the amp it was only like this because we were changing the old setup and he just wanted a quick fix i could of cut the wirers to size or just saulderd smaller more flexible wire to the end of the big wire o well its not really my fault that what he wanted