swagger_wagon468

Push terminals came unmounted on my 12" D2 Q

So... I was on my way home listening to my Q and it suddenly stopped working. I parked and left it on and felt the sub while it was playing. When I pushed in just a tad, I felt it move a little. But when I let off...nothing. I took the sub out and found that the black plastic piece that holds the push terminals in came un glued. Im assuming that's the problem... I tried to get a reading with my DMM, but I think its a piece of junk. It just read 1. My gain is at about half. Amp is a planet audio rxd1000d which im selling soon. 2.5ft^3 box at 32hz. Don't think all that matters though considering I just need to know how to fix it right? Anyways...thanks in advance.

Jonathan.

Good one:

2011-04-19_21-23-42_129.jpg

Bad one:

2011-04-19_21-23-29_726.jpg

If I were you I would just test it outside of the box and try pressing up on the bad side terminals. If that doesn't work then I would inspect the sub alittle more like checking the coils.

Looks like the glue came undone, i thought that screw between the terminals held the black part on, what the hell does it do? It doesn't play at all now? How old is it, this may be a warranty issue, don't quote me though. :peepwall:

Got it from a buddy who I believe got it like 2 yrs ago. And like I said... if I pushed hard enough on the dust cap... I could fell a little bumpin. But when the terminal is dangling like this, both the (+) and the (-) metal pieces are touching the basket. So idk...

And if I had a dmm that was worth a shit... I could get an accurate coil reading. But no. :(

So what happens if you press the black piece up with your finger, does it play normal?

looks like your buddy bent the terminal and it broke the glue and the screw holding it to the basket. put some glue on it and then clamp it to the basket.

But just go to autozone and get a new dmm, its like 10 bucks. I don't understand why people don't have one or have shitty ones especially when you're into car audio.

Hope it didn't short anything. I agree that you should glue it back and try to play the sub.

GL bro... hopefully everything turns out okay...

If not I'll sell you my Icon for a decent price whenever I get this Xcon ordered..... :peepwall:

Haha. Thanks man. But this was temporary till I get the 2 18" zcons. Got it practically free. Buteither way, im selling it to my bud for $50. Just want my temporary bass back! Lol

lol... I know

Generally..only way that happens is if the terminal has been bumped in shipping or when put in the box, which is why we glue them on..

Recone will fix it..leads are probably burnt up inside.

Ok. Well my friend has the mate to the pair. I believe he has been emailing you about a recone to a dual 1. His name is cole if it sounds familiar. Anyways.... these will be in for recones in the summer.