Anyone have this yet? I like the pandora idea wondering hows the sound qaulity of it.

I have the KDC-X994 last years model. I can listen to Pandora using my Android phone through BT audio, but it doesn't give me song titles on the face of the stereo. It sounds pretty good. Apparently with the new model, you can hook up your Iphone directly to the headunit, and control Pandora from the head unit. This is going to give really good sound quality. Plus you'll get song info. Also with the new model, it comes with HD Radio. I've been looking for a new headunit myself for other car. I want a Alpine, but I'm just impress with features you get with Alpine for the money spent. Compare the Alpine CDA-117 with the Kenwood KDC-X995, you have to spend close to an extra $400 to get all of the features of the Kenwood. The Kenwood comes with hp & lp crossovers including adjustable slopes. The Alpine only has a hp crossover. The Kenwoods are fully adjustable, you can crossover your mids and highs as low as 30 hz for an example, and do the same with the lp. It has a 5 band eq also. The CDA- 117 does have a 7 band eq and a 5 band parametric eq which I like a lot. The Alpine does have bluetooth, hd radio, and no lp crossover. I also hear the sound quality is a toss up between the two head units. Oh yeah, you can color match your display with your dash lights with the Kenwood, not sure how important that is thought I let you know any ways. I hope this helps.

Sounds like I'll be ordering the kenwood as soon as I sell my jvc.

I'm glad I could help. I might get a 995 my self for my Exploder I mean Explorer. I love my 994 though.

I have the 991, much older than these, but with all the same EQ, crossover and TA features. I love the HU as well and wouldn't be the least bit afraid of using a 995. Semrod you gave an excellent run down on the unit!

Went to check it out today at bestbuy wasn't to impress with the way the things was design I kept wanting to use the knob as a analog stick. Also keep hitting the center button because I'm trying to push up on it. Basically that control was annoying to me, but since I like the deck so much I'm getting the kiv-b900. More touch less knob.

Thanks Alton. I'm definetely thinking about the 995 for the Exploder, the one thing I like the most about the Kenwoods are the controls and menu. There the easiest to use. They're simpler than the Alpines I've been looking at you have to hit like 4 buttons just to adjust the subwoofer. The Kenwood 1 push of the knob and your there and the sound quality is top notch. I had the X-592 and that one had parametric eq. I wish I never sold it. I've been looking everywhere for one or a 993.

I just found this head unit for 200$ Im kind of weary might be a typo and might be an older model but picture and everything look like the new one.. I'm ordering it now. :dancing: