Miles

Fi Bl 12 Flexing out the Dodge

Here's just a couple of videos i shot today out of boredom (and kind of a break from studying for finals). All videos are with drivers door closed and passenger door wide open. Just a single Fi Bl 12 on a Powerbass ASA1500.1. Tell me what y'all think..

And remember to watch them in HD.

That rattling is annoying, lol.

Got any pictures of the enclosure, would love to see how you fit it all back there, quite impressive.

Yeah it is. But that's just the door on the door latch, so not much i can do about that. I still need to carpet the box, but here's some pics and another video kind of showing more of the box.

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

Nice, did a good job of using all the available space :drink40:

Thanks man. I had a center console box in it before this one (doing 141.6 on the dash), but i just wanted my center seat back. And this one just absolutely smashes the low's and to me is very impressive for just 1 12 behind the seats. I'm going to keep this setup for quite a while. I'm happy enough to stop where i am and not upgrade. Haha.

Thanks man. I had a center console box in it before this one (doing 141.6 on the dash), but i just wanted my center seat back. And this one just absolutely smashes the low's and to me is very impressive for just 1 12 behind the seats. I'm going to keep this setup for quite a while. I'm happy enough to stop where i am and not upgrade. Haha.

Well see in six months if you still have the same setup :P

I know I can't resist but change setups every few months, always trying to get a little louder :peepwall:

I know what you mean. I've had that same amp for 5 years, been through 3 different subs (old Bl 12, Death Penalty 12, new style Bl 12), all with different boxes. This is probably the second loudest overall, but is way louder than anything i've had at 30hz and under. I love the fact i can play 23 hz full tilt on this thing and not come anywhere close to damaging the sub in this box.

Whats it tuned to? Not very many songs go that low, I know I'd rather get some more output in the usable spectrum then playing tones.

It's tuned to 31 hz, so it does have good range. It starts dropping off at about 50 hz, but anything above that is just annoying bass to me. Bass should be felt, not just tickle your nose. Haha. And listening to rock and country mostly, and when demo time calls i've got an arsenal of slowed songs to get the job done. I'm not chasing numbers anymore, i just wanted something to shock people.

23hz is far below 31hz tuning. I'm assuming your ssf is set correctly and attenuating the signal so your driver isn't playing 23hz at full tilt, or your going to need a recone sometime soon :peepwall:

Yep everything is set correctly. And sorry i just ran the calculations again and it's tuned to a little over 29 hz. It's only reaching 60%excursion at 23-27 hz, where as it's reaching full excursion from 34-50 hz. Don't think i'll be needing a recone from playing that low anytime soon. I'm careful with my equipment (poor college student). I can't afford to ruin this sub, so i play it safe. Haha.

Yep everything is set correctly. And sorry i just ran the calculations again and it's tuned to a little over 29 hz. It's only reaching 60%excursion at 23-27 hz, where as it's reaching full excursion from 34-50 hz. Don't think i'll be needing a recone from playing that low anytime soon. I'm careful with my equipment (poor college student). I can't afford to ruin this sub, so i play it safe. Haha.

Your ssf is helping out :P

Either way, looks loud, especially for the vehicle and space constraints. I know I loved my bl.

that 12 is doing some work! :trippy:

Nice setup for a standard cab!

Nice, did a good job of using all the available space :drink40:

Nice setup for a standard cab!

I agree!!! :fing34::fing34:

Thanks guys. It's not the loudest setup up out there, but i like it. It's enough for me for now.