Sign in to follow this  
codypt

Set up

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight on my possible set up plans with my enclosure and sub and amp. First off my vehicle is a 1995 3000gt. I want to go with a single sub because it will be easier and far cheaper to set up. So would a 15 fit or would only a 12 fit? I was thinking either one of those BLs with all the options on a decent 1000-1500 watt amp would probably be ideal? Also are the speaker wire kits on ebay that are 2 gauge ideal? They cost like $40-$70 on there. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd do a single 12 in a ported box

BL series would be fine.

...Need Dimensions. Edit: What Nick Said. Never Fooled With A Stealth Or 3KGT.

Brand New Crescendo BC2K For $300, Just Gain It Down To Around 1.6krms.

Knukonceptz

Welding Supply

1/0 Gauge. Do The Big 3 As Well.

Edited by BigCProductions99

I've never messed with a 3kgt but my friend fit two memphis mojos 15s ported in there seem like quite a bit of room.

I wouldnt buy wiring from ebay because its most likely to be cca but im sure itll say if it is or not. I just would rather have pure copper wire. You should be fine with just 4awg too. knu or welding supply. What kind of amp are you looking into

I'm not sure if sonix electronics i stilling doing it but I got my wiring kit for 29.99 from them 1awg ones it was kicker brand.

I know from a while back that hifonics makes decent amps that are overrated in rmsbut still work really well for their price. Or I could go with an alpine 1000.1 but what would you recommend for the 12 or 15? Im trying to spend too much in the build, and would one of those ebay boxes work?

...Need Dimensions. Edit: What Nick Said. Never Fooled With A Stealth Or 3KGT.

Brand New Crescendo BC2K For $300, Just Gain It Down To Around 1.6krms.

Knukonceptz

Welding Supply

1/0 Gauge. Do The Big 3 As Well.

This ^, I wired my yukon xl with all 0 gauge for about 90 bucks, Your 3000 shouldn't take that much though, but defiantly look get some 0 gauge ground wire, do the Big 3 upgrade, and Fi Audio is amazing!

I know from a while back that hifonics makes decent amps that are overrated in rmsbut still work really well for their price. Or I could go with an alpine 1000.1 but what would you recommend for the 12 or 15? Im trying to spend too much in the build, and would one of those ebay boxes work?

NO Prefabs. NO Hifonics.

Contact Any Of The Respected Builders/Designers On This Forum For An Enclosure Design.

As I Said Before, Brand New Crescendo BC2000D For $300, Much Better Quality Amp, And You Cannot Beat That Price. They Are On Par With Sundown.

NO Prefabs. NO Hifonics.

Contact Any Of The Respected Builders/Designers On This Forum For An Enclosure Design.

As I Said Before, Brand New Crescendo BC2000D For $300, Much Better Quality Amp, And You Cannot Beat That Price. They Are On Par With Sundown.

As I said somewhere on another post,a local dealer of Maxxsonics (they make Hifonics), they said that 1 of every 2 Hifonics amps do not work, my buddy ordered one offline a few weeks ago, it did not work, and it had no warranty from the dealer... So look at the Crescendo BC2000d or Audioque aq2200d.

I'm trying to not spend too much tho lol. Like maybe 350 on sub and like 250 or less on the amp. I appreciate the help and information. I'll probably go with the 12 for the smaller size then make my own box. I'm not very good with subs, amps, and wiring. Only headunits and regular speakers. I don't even know what ohms I should wire it to for the sub

Dual 2 Ohm To Wire It Down To 1 Ohm.

Okay thank you. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the car from the shop.

Where do I buy this amp, I dont see it on their website. A link would be awesome

If you're on a tight budget for the amp, you can buy used, or some cheaper (in price) brands like Audiopipe or Kenwood, or Clarion,...etc

The Audiopipe 1500 or 1800 is under $200, and it will work !

Take a look at db-r.com for great deals on used Sundown too.

Sign in to follow this