Sign in to follow this  
ssh

Probably too soon but figured I check any ways.

Robbie mentioned you guys got something worked up for the volvo (2002 v40 1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A).

I'm going to get the timing belt replaced on the car pretty soon, just wanted to see if there was any time frame when the cases would be done, maybe I can stretch it out and get the alt installed at the same time :ughdunno:

Oh and would the new case / alt use the internals from the 230xp (jeep wrangler 4.0 I6) I got now?

:thanx:

Stephan, it will be completely differernt internals.. You dont have a 230 either, pretty sure you got a 270.. Id actually like to have that one back because I'm out, how bout we just trade straight across?? If you can, send me a pic of your alternator mount, I just want to make sure how much room you really have under there.. Rob

Stephan, it will be completely differernt internals.. You dont have a 230 either, pretty sure you got a 270.. Id actually like to have that one back because I'm out, how bout we just trade straight across?? If you can, send me a pic of your alternator mount, I just want to make sure how much room you really have under there.. Rob

Your right, the receipt said 230 but Kyle said he changed it to 270 cause the wait. :)

I already have the 270xp boxed up, I'll ship it out tomorrow afternoon or monday.

I'll try and get some pictures under the hood, and find some pictures of the stock alt.

Thanks,

Stefan

I'll see if I can pull the alt out this weekend and take pictures. I'm also going to search for any pictures from people swapping out their alts in the s40s (same engine, alt, and so forth.)

Found these pictures of alts that fit.

rebuilt oem

mpa13845_1.jpg

bosch W0133-1828462

W01331828462BOS.JPG

Beck Arnley 186-0981

186-0981.jpg

If it helps any :ughdunno:

Does the above work for you Rob?

:thanx:

Going to ship alt back today, is the address 9339 Douglas Drive or 9337 Douglas Drive. The receipt says 9339 and the website says 9337.

Thanks

Going to ship alt back today, is the address 9339 Douglas Drive or 9337 Douglas Drive. The receipt says 9339 and the website says 9337.

Thanks

We moved, it was 9339 but we moved into a bigger building at 9337.. Rob

Thanks

We moved, it was 9339 but we moved into a bigger building at 9337.. Rob

Thanks, Tracking Number: 1ZT73E260396285471 Should arrive on Wed.

Just want to make sure you guys received the alt I shipped back in May :drink40:

The tracking info said it was signed by Robbie, but just want to hear it from someone at DC that way no one forgets and six months later no one remembers what happened to it or where it went. :P

It was a 270xp for a 1997 jeep wrangler 4.0L

Thank you guys.

-Stefan Hinote

:peepwall:

:peepwall:

There's no need for any of that.

DC is doing a huge favor for me (at least the way I see it) and I have no use for the xp alt, so I shipped it back to them so they could use it. I just want to make sure they got it safe n sound, and figured I better check now and not six months later when I'd forget the tracking info and they'd forget "the xp alt for a 1997 wrangler, the customer in az. phx was it? wait no, tucson." Gotta remember companies like this deal with thousands of customers and can't remember "Hey it's Joe with the dodge neon"

I'm going to bump this for:

Just want to make sure you guys received the alt I shipped back in May :drink40:

The tracking info said it was signed by Robbie, but just want to hear it from someone at DC that way no one forgets and six months later no one remembers what happened to it or where it went. :P

It was a 270xp for a 1997 jeep wrangler 4.0L

Thank you guys.

-Stefan Hinote

:P

Stefan we did receive this. :) If you have any questions, just shoot me an e-mail.

Sent, and thank you.

I actually have the case about 90% drawn, I just need to finish it and then draw up the mounting bracket.. It will mount EXACTLY like the stock alt, just have to make it out of 2 pieces otherwise the case alone would be $500 with all the necessary material, and it would have to be 100% done on the mill which would probably take ~2 hours cutting, and about a $200 chunk of aluminum to do.. I haven't forgot about ya stefan.. :)

geez 200 bucks for aluminum! i need to start selling my beer cans! :lol2:

I actually have the case about 90% drawn, I just need to finish it and then draw up the mounting bracket.. It will mount EXACTLY like the stock alt, just have to make it out of 2 pieces otherwise the case alone would be $500 with all the necessary material, and it would have to be 100% done on the mill which would probably take ~2 hours cutting, and about a $200 chunk of aluminum to do.. I haven't forgot about ya stefan.. :)

SWEET :woot:

Yes, housing is drawn and will be made in our production run of XP billet frames. ETA is approximately 3-4 weeks if everything goes smooth. :morepower1:

Yes, housing is drawn and will be made in our production run of XP billet frames. ETA is approximately 3-4 weeks if everything goes smooth. :morepower1:

Is that a yes for me?

a 12"x12"x5" cube of 6061 would be absolutely ridiculous to try and buy... We just turned in our chips and I think we got .91/lb which is pretty good, but that's for 6061 AL..

Is that a yes for me?

Yes, that is a yes for you... We are 100000% going to make this housing..

a 12"x12"x5" cube of 6061 would be absolutely ridiculous to try and buy... We just turned in our chips and I think we got .91/lb which is pretty good, but that's for 6061 AL..

Is that a yes for me?

Yes, that is a yes for you... We are 100000% going to make this housing..

Are you guys still gonna need my car cause ill get it there bright and early if so?

Any updates? :P

Need to get some service done to the car soon and would like to get the alt installed at the same time.

Thanks

Edit: Took the car in today to get it worked on, so no rush as usual. :)

Sign in to follow this