Sign in to follow this  
tysonm

Help with electrical.

So I have a Poineer 3200bt, Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75" speakers/tweets on a Pioneer GM-9500F amp, 12" RD Alpha V.2 powered by a Cadence ZRS-8 (1500rms). I have 1/0 gauge from my battery then it runs into a distributor with two 4 gauge leads coming out to the amps. 12 gauge from my 9500F to the speakers/tweets. I had the cadence amp and sub in my previous car ('98 accord coupe) and my lights would dim a little with the volume high. In my 2011 mazda 3 I sedan. I have my volume at 24 and the lights dim on every bass note, and I was on the freeway last night got my rpm's at 3k and at 26 my lights were still dimming. The bass on the HU is set to -4 and I can turn my speakers (with subwoofer off) up to 35 with no distortion and it gets hella loud with no dimming. So I want to know if I could just add in an extra battery in the trunk if this would fix my dimming? I don't want to have to keep turning my bass down when I turn my volume up.

Plus I want to get a video of the setup so everyone can see it :) The first day I got the entire install complete I had the bass on the HU at -4 with my volume at 36 and the sub was shaking the hell out of my car, but I know it was killing my alternator :P so I want to get this problem fixed without having to upgrade my alternator.

So I have a Poineer 3200bt, Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75" speakers/tweets on a Pioneer GM-9500F amp, 12" RD Alpha V.2 powered by a Cadence ZRS-8 (1500rms). I have 1/0 gauge from my battery then it runs into a distributor with two 4 gauge leads coming out to the amps. 12 gauge from my 9500F to the speakers/tweets. I had the cadence amp and sub in my previous car ('98 accord coupe) and my lights would dim a little with the volume high. In my 2011 mazda 3 I sedan. I have my volume at 24 and the lights dim on every bass note, and I was on the freeway last night got my rpm's at 3k and at 26 my lights were still dimming. The bass on the HU is set to -4 and I can turn my speakers (with subwoofer off) up to 35 with no distortion and it gets hella loud with no dimming. So I want to know if I could just add in an extra battery in the trunk if this would fix my dimming? I don't want to have to keep turning my bass down when I turn my volume up.

Plus I want to get a video of the setup so everyone can see it :) The first day I got the entire install complete I had the bass on the HU at -4 with my volume at 36 and the sub was shaking the hell out of my car, but I know it was killing my alternator :P so I want to get this problem fixed without having to upgrade my alternator.

This will help A LOT

BIG 3

Double post fail :(

Edited by burko

105a alt *12 = 1260watts

so yes more reserve would help.

Also make sure you charge ur battery

Would it help using my 1/0 gauge wire for the big 3? A guy at an audio shop picked up my wire and said that it is really light and then brushed finger at the end of the 1/0 gauge and said that it wasn't 100% copper, that it has nickel in it, which I could see the silver in the wire. This would still be better than what I have for my stock electrical wouldn't it? I'm assuming I have maybe 4 gauge at the biggest for my stock electrical wiring.

really?

Since when did companies start putting nickel in our wire?

lol he said nickle? Pretty sure its aluminum.....or just tinned copper

haha that's my bad, he did say aluminum, I don't know why I typed nickel. Anyways, would it still be better to use my 1/0 gauge instead of the stock electrical wiring?

you do not replace, you add when doing this.

Well you shouldn't remove the factory wiring. I just ran mine along side. Some remove it some don't. I personally didn't. Your cca wire should be fine. You don't need all that much wire though. Just call a local welding supply store and see if they sell welding wire. It's a lot cheaper and is pure copper.

pure copper needs to be protected or it will oxidize..

go to a hardware store and look for an anti or no-oxidant gel or paste u can apply to the exposed wire after securing it into a terminal.

i think you can also get HIDs which will stop the dimming. but big 3 maybe new alt and battery which i think it all was said