gibsonm21

DP/Warden.....I don't see the difference?

I'm looking at running 4 21" Wardens for my next build, but when looking at the info provided on both lines, the only difference is the Neo motor. While I know that the NEOs can produce a stronger flux, for the soft parts listed, the triple stack on the DP will push it to the max. Also, the Warden is only 2lbs lighter than the DP :WTFBubble: , so I don't see a reason to spend the extra 400 per sub on the Warden. So what(if any) underlying features am I missing?

Will I see a gain running the Wardens over the DPs and why. Again, all i'm going off of is the info provided on the site.

I'm looking at running 4 21" Wardens for my next build, but when looking at the info provided on both lines, the only difference is the Neo motor. While I know that the NEOs can produce a stronger flux, for the soft parts listed, the triple stack on the DP will push it to the max. Also, the Warden is only 10lbs lighter than the DP :WTFBubble: , so I don't see a reason to spend the extra 400 per sub on the Warden. So what(if any) underlying features am I missing?

Will I see a gain running the Wardens over the DPs and why. Again, all i'm going off of is the info provided on the site.

Fixed

Well, I guess let me put it to you like this....a v6 camaro and an SS camaro look very similar on the outside, and they weigh about the same. But, when you line them up at the race track, you know which one the SS is.

With that being said, the dp and warden now have similar cooling features, and both come with the highest quality parts available. The differences are mainly motor and suspension based, and neo magnets are soo much stronger than ferrite, its almost scary. On the inside packaging of the warden, there is a warning sheet that we include just so that people understand the power of neo...(i.e. don't get near it with a knife, screws, another warden, etc.)

Not to discredit the DP by any means, as it is a truly amazing subwoofer in its own right, but the warden is in its own class of what I like to call "superwoofers", sort of like supercars are in their own league when compared with average sportscars.

nice!!!

Huge difference. In looks too; there are similarities, yes, but they are extremely different.

Well, I guess let me put it to you like this....a v6 camaro and an SS camaro look very similar on the outside, and they weigh about the same. But, when you line them up at the race track, you know which one the SS is.With that being said, the dp and warden now have similar cooling features, and both come with the highest quality parts available. The differences are mainly motor and suspension based, and neo magnets are soo much stronger than ferrite, its almost scary. On the inside packaging of the warden, there is a warning sheet that we include just so that people understand the power of neo...(i.e. don't get near it with a knife, screws, another warden, etc.) Not to discredit the DP by any means, as it is a truly amazing subwoofer in its own right, but the warden is in its own class of what I like to call "superwoofers", sort of like supercars are in their own league when compared with average sportscars.

Yea, i'm about 95% sure i'm gonna get the Wardens, I just don't understand the 1000w power difference when both subs basically have the same softparts. Also, will you guys be having a 4inch coil option anytime?

Huge difference. In looks too; there are similarities, yes, but they are extremely different.

The Warden does looks much better imo, I don't care for the DP dustcap.

the things that make the biggest difference are in the design of the motor, not the soft parts