Sign in to follow this  
J@SouthSlap

James' 1990 Honda Accord Build - SouthSlap

I figured I should post this build as it's going to be completed by June 24, 2011. Which is the first day of Scrapin' The Coast.

This is a build on a budget, just as all my previous builds have been. I'm 17 and install on the side.. Co-owner of SouthSlap.com. This is my 4th personal build to date. My last build was 6 T3 Audio T400 12s in a 2004 Tahoe on 2k.

The platform for the build is a 1990 Honda Accord Coupe. 216,000 miles. All original. It's being painted this coming Monday, new tires on Tuesday, and lowered on Wednesday.

Specs include:

4 - Vibe Audio Black Air II 12s

3 - sets of Vibe Audio SA50 Components

2 - Mids/Highs amps

1 - Hifonics Brutus 1600

1 - Shuriken 60AH Battery

1 - 165AMP HO Alternator

1 - Clarion EQ

1 - Pioneer 3200 DVD In-dash

7 ~ 8 cubic feet of box, tuned to probably around 32HZ unless someone thinks something will be louder...

My only question is how to face the subs and port. I know port back is loud but my space is somewhat limited. I have 32 wide x 32 deep x 17 high...... 2 forward, 2 up, port back?

Here is a picture of how the car sits right now... Tahoe in the background.

photo-3.jpg

Edited by J@SouthSlap

Everything has been ordered as of now.. Hopefully shipping won't keep me waiting too long.

Anyone have any ideas on a box setup? I'll probably have to build the box inside the car

If this is a trunk setup port back or side, subs up may work best. Personally I like subs forward sealed from trunk.

I'd really like to do subs up port back, but I'm limited on space so I was thinking 2 forward, 2 up, Aero's facing back would be the loudest while still having enough space.

I'd really like to do subs up port back, but I'm limited on space so I was thinking 2 forward, 2 up, Aero's facing back would be the loudest while still having enough space.

Not too sure how well that would work out in a trunk with two sets of subs on different planes. Trunks get weird with cancellation.

If you do not have all of your equipment maybe four 10's would be better. From what I have seen in small trunk setups either four 10's subs up, or two 12's subs forward and sealed from trunk are loudest. Bigger trunks can four 12's and even two 15's or 18's.

Remember even if you can build the box in the trunk there has to be airspace around the box for the setup to perform best with subs up port back.

I have seen +150db trunk setups with two 12's forward, set as far back in the trunk as possible and also sealed from the surrounding airspace in the trunk.

Not too sure how well that would work out in a trunk with two sets of subs on different planes. Trunks get weird with cancellation.

If you do not have all of your equipment maybe four 10's would be better. From what I have seen in small trunk setups either four 10's subs up, or two 12's subs forward and sealed from trunk are loudest. Bigger trunks can four 12's and even two 15's or 18's.

Remember even if you can build the box in the trunk there has to be airspace around the box for the setup to perform best with subs up port back.

I have seen +150db trunk setups with two 12's forward, set as far back in the trunk as possible and also sealed from the surrounding airspace in the trunk.

I managed a 145 with a single 15 burping on 3k plus with a trunk setup. I'd suggest two larger woofers or multiple smaller woofers. Port and sub forward pushed all the back typically does well. Also I have seen people cut out the rear deck and do subs up port to the side and get very good numbers. It's all about what your willing to do.

The build before my Tahoe was a Hyundai Tiburon with 2 10s subs back, port back and I did a 143.9 on 1k power. The trunk in the Accord is HUGE honestly, but getting the box in once it's build would be nearly impossible.

I CAN fit all the subs facing up now that I've measured but I would have to do Aero ports at the bottom of the box facing the trunk. I'd like to design a box that I can build outside of the car..

Sawzall will fix that problem cut the rear deck to accommodate the box and slide it through the seats.

Sawzall will fix that problem cut the rear deck to accommodate the box and slide it through the seats.

He may not ever be competitive if he decides to do that. Cutting factory metal could but him in a higher level class with the big dogs or he may not even be able to enter. Gotta check out the rules of the organization if competeting is a thought.

No cutting for me. I plan on running the meter here and there. Plus this is getting an engine swap, etc once I finish the stereo so I need all the body strength I can get

No cutting for me. I plan on running the meter here and there. Plus this is getting an engine swap, etc once I finish the stereo so I need all the body strength I can get

H22? I used to have one of these thing pounded! These cb7's are pretty sick especially the black ones with those rims you have!

Yep! I'm a CB7 lover for sure. Mine will be red again after paint... which is drying right now.. and the rims will be satin black with a red lip!

What diameter aeroports would you guys use? I've ALWAYS build slot port boxes.

This would be my 3rd year to compete USACI at Scrapin the Coast ... Had several trucks in other classes over the years ...

But this year, its just not in the budget for me ...

This sux cause I'd really like to see / hear this ride ...

Any chance you going to be here ... 08/20/11 Chillaxin' in Jackson JACKSON MS USACI Regional ???

This would be my 3rd year to compete USACI at Scrapin the Coast ... Had several trucks in other classes over the years ...

But this year, its just not in the budget for me ...

This sux cause I'd really like to see / hear this ride ...

Any chance you going to be here ... 08/20/11 Chillaxin' in Jackson JACKSON MS USACI Regional ???

Damn bro, sorry to hear you won't be competing. Wish you could make it to check it out. It won't be anything crazy loud but I'm shooting for a 145. We have atleast one other vehicle competing (2 Treo SSX 18's).

I may try to head to Jackson for that. Just depends on work and money. I just happened to come across the jobs to finish up the Accord.... Luckily because I just stripped my Tahoe.

I went with 2.0625" ports. That way I can dew 4-5 of them (ordered 5 to be safe) to get some air flowing.

Cool Bro ... I actually compete in Sound Quality ... not SPL ... Best of luck to ya at Scrapin !!!

I will be competing in Boosier City, La this comming up weekend to qualify for Finals ...

Yeah I've done a few comps with my old ride.. never was in it for SQ though. The Accord should have good SPL and SQ...

Where is the one in Bossier City?

06/11/11 12:00 1 TOP DOLLAR PAWN BOSSIER CITY LA 318-741-3966 FE+CS TP Top Dollar Pawn - 4050 East Texas Street - Bossier - LA - 71111

Just before you get to Shreveport ...

Cool ... PM me se we can meet up before the show ... :fing34: