harveywong

2 runs pos wire from alt to front battery?

I have 2 runs of pos and neg wires from the front battery to the battery bank in the trunk. My question is would i benefit with going with 2 runs pos wires from the alt to the front battery? This is off a 270 xp alt which i currently have a single pos wire to the front battery.

Yes, you would. then have 2 runs coming from ur ground from the alt bracket to the chasis and you should only need one from front battery to chasis

Yes, you would. then have 2 runs coming from ur ground from the alt bracket to the chasis and you should only need one from front battery to chasis

why?? just curious... why 2 runs from alt to battery.. ?

+1

Thats how I did mine.

+1

Thats how I did mine.

but why??? Shouldn't 1 run carry enough for 300amps within 10feet? I mean under a hood should not be more...

My 1 run of 0 gauge is 15 feet from the front to the trunk.. I'm going to run a SAZ3500D and a SMD 15". Should I run 2?!?!

:morepower1: ???

no.. a single effective run from alt to front battery is FINE.

about 90% of the current supply will come from the rear battery bank and alternator alone.

VERY little comes from the front battery.

Therefore it's common sense not to attempt to feed the front battery tons of wire from the alternator.

The only reason why you would have multi runs off the front batt to the rear is if u are using that wire for the purpose of getting the back batts a charge off the alternator.

Alternator's post isn't as large so u can run more wire off a battery than you can directly off of an alternator.

Now.. when it comes to 2 ground runs... that should be ran DIRECTLY from the alternator's case to the back, not from the front batt...

Doing it this way can help voltage a little if it isn't perfect under load right now.

I also forgot to add.. a short run of 2/0 (less than 8ft) of power off a 270XP is plenty to supply power to the back via 2 power runs from front batt.

no need in doubling up...

Single run of kolossus cable or kicker cable is fine.

any other brand, doubling up may be necessary to prevent resistance.