Dangrebel

Changing port tuning?

Wassup fellas I am wondering if I tune my port to 33 hz could I change the tuning of it without switching out the port? Like adding something? I would like to keep it at 33 hz when doing rap demos and daily bumping but then when I use it for work I listen to rock cause of my boss cause he hates rap so tune around 38 hz or maybe a tad higher. I have an hdc3 18 and 8 cubes or so to build.

It isn't like it'll sound bad on rock tuned low, in fact it will sound better just not be as loud. Might be tuning low for rap depending on which artists you listen to.

Oh and tuning for your boss is absurd, build your system for YOU.

Well the reason is not only for my boss because I like to have days when I rock out and also I will be using this system for comp. Thanks for the input everyone!

33Hz is fine for rock music. You should be good with just keeping your tuning low.

you haven't told us anything about your current box port.

33Hz is fine for rock music. You should be good with just keeping your tuning low.

Mine is at 33hz. Godsmack and Breaking Benjamin sounds fucking great!

I been wang'n that shit hard for 2 days now!!

Damn I loves me some Zcon!

:dancing:

Y'all are right haha like always! Dang, I guess that'll save me the trouble of switching for comps and work! Should I still expect to see some ok numbers if I tune low 30's? It will be an hdc3 18 on an ap3000d

Also has anyone every experienced over excursion above tuning?

Low 30's is not a comp tuning...

You can overexcurt at any frequency by sending enough instantaneous power to exceed the drivers mechanical limits.

I would be tuning near 40 for comps, I know low 30's isn't a comp tuning haha, guess that read wrong. But what I mean is if I tune to 33 hz and sweep it from 30 to 50 hz at the same power level would I run the risk of overexcurting in the higher frequencys? Thanks m5 for the help man