Brett_the_Vandal

Gotta get that Boom Boom Boom.

the title of this thread just reminded me of this song lmao

Possibly the most awkward 3 minutes of my life. lmfao.

If i'd known of this vid. Would have put boom boom pow. Then some disclaimer. lol.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

And Reelfish All credit for the design of that box goes to HardRock. He designed the box. And cut it out. I just put it together.

Shout out to my Brah HardRock!!

big cat doin werk up in da buildn :woot:

but on a serious note, doin good for ur first build sir....when u get the nxt recone in itll all be good

and i thought you were gonna point out the jankity of my "Work Bench Test"?? lmfao.

Now i know its been a bit since i've posted. and I've got a bit of work done. I'll start from the beginning. I beat it into my head finally to take lots of pics for you guys. Know you love the piccutres!!

cuzz :ttiwwop:

Now for zeh pictures.

For starters. Heres some pics of the ring terminals and my volt meter:

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

Cause you gotta bench test everything before it goes in the truck. 2 AAA batteries in a lil holder wired straight into it.

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

Now for the cutting and placing in my dash.

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

Love my dremel.

DSCN0434.jpg

Bit chaaange!!

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

Now since i ordered one with just 2 wires coming off it. I also bought a relay that i'll be wiring into an ignition on wire so it'll turn on and off with the car. And read the voltage from the 4gauge positive wire and a ground under the dash.

Now. The alt wire of the big 3 since that's all i've had time to do:

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

Some huge ass crimpers my dad uses at work should get the job done. They have a die to crimp stuff bigger than 4/0 :finger:

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

The finished wire.

DSCN0447.jpg

And lastly. In place.

DSCN0448.jpg

Well that's all for now guys. Lemme know what you think. I'll get more done when i get the chance. Shits been busy lately.

Lookin' Good!!! Keep it up!! Nice work mounting the volt meter!! :popcorn:

the title of this thread just reminded me of this song lmao

one small step for a youtube laugh! one giant LEAP for a white person FAIL! :suicide-santa::WTFBubble:

This thread is what I look for out of a build log! GREAT PICS! FAST PACED! and not a lot of CLUTTER! GREAT BUILD MAN KEEP IT UP WE WANT VIDS!

This thread is what I look for out of a build log! GREAT PICS! FAST PACED! and not a lot of CLUTTER! GREAT BUILD MAN KEEP IT UP WE WANT VIDS!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!! You guys are the best!

And I'm hopefully gonna wake up early...ish. tomorrow and get a lil work done before i have to go to work. I've had the sub and amp in for a while now. Sounds pretty darn good. But when its at low volume you can hear the coil rubbing. Nick from FI said its fine to keep beatin the sub as it wont mess up the motor. I just expect a big ass mess to clean up for the next recone. :suicide-santa:

Its cool though. I cant afford the Recone right now so i'll just wait a bit while i finish up the install. I plan on wrapping the box in some grey carpet that matches my truck eventually. And mounting the amp. If i can i'm gonna do that tomorrow and i hope you guys like what i got in store for that. :peepwall:

Also. I want some sort of small cover like thing for my sub. That i could put on it while i go into a store or to work and such. I've been tossing my hoodie over the lil guy to keep the sun off of him and to keep peepers from seein what exactly i got in there. If anyone makes something like this that'd be greaaat. if not. I'll be sure to keep my hoodie with me all the time. lol.

So I realize i havent updated in a while. wanted to let you guys know that i havent gotten any work done on the truck. :suicide-santa: Vacations and such gettin in the way. I have gotten some ideas and such though since i last posted. and i still have to wire in the voltmeter with the relay and tune it to the amps voltage. And relocate the amp and mount it down where i finally figure out it flows well at. And i need to figure out where to get some carpet for the box. that needs to get taken care of soon.

And i need more than 2 screws holding it in the box. :suicide-santa: lol.

thanks for bein patient guys! I know the build went a lil cold. but a lot of hold ups. And having to recone the sub again makes lose motivation to get the rest of the work done. even though i can still do stuff to it.

And I'm gonna try to get up and take a vid of the lil guy doin work tomorow. but we'll see how that goes. I always end up sleeping super late then going straight to work. lol.

Edited by Brett_the_Vandal

With no further ado. Updatess!!! :)

So tonight i didn't do much but i did somethin I've been wantin to do since i put the lil guy in the back seat.

Move my amp. but first. I did the Negative battery terminal.

So. Pics. FTW!

Good bye trusty old Ford terminal:

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Hello fancy new KnuKonceptz terminal:

DSCN0456.jpg

So i didnt take a lot of pics. But i had to relocate my ground to the passenger side and route my positive and my remote wires to the passenger side also. So heres the pics.

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

Its not much. But i like it. :) and the zip ties are by no means permanint. I'm going to buy some stand offs. and some plastic washers and screws soon. To mount it right.

I also have to figure out a way to mount my remote bass knob. Since i have like no where to put it. And the adjustablilty and access to the bass on my HU stinks. :suicide-santa: I'm hoping to sell this HU sometime. Its a Lightly used Clarion CZ-409 Just isn't for me. Great HU though. I just prefer a knob, some buttons, and CD player built in.

And since i was in a pic takin mood. Heres some eye candy for you fine Gents. :WELCOME:

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

Let me know what you guys think of everything!! I love to hear your opinions and suggestions!!!

No need to bump your build log.

How do you like those terminals? Hate mine... They're now sitting on the bottom of my tool box.

The Terminals are better than the stock ones. Lol. But They just dont have enough spots for 1/0 wire. only one. And that one is used for all the stock wires. I'm gonna be buyin new ones eventually. Maybe from StreetWires. or from KnuKoncepts again. But get the one with like 4 1/0 slots. But that things a lil pricey.

Just get some metal and make your own. Infinite amount of space for terminals that way.

Put the stock wires in the 4 gauge terminal, or put ring terminals on and put them on top. That frees up the 1/0 input, and you should still be able to keep the 1/0 on top.

I was gonna put the stock wires in the 4 gauge input. but it i couldn't get it to fit. so i put it in the 1/0 input. And i still have the top screw thing. And how would i go about making my own??

Get some aluminum or copper, drill a couple holes and bam.

I have a plumber friend and he just took some 6" copper pipe he had laying around cut it in half and heated/bent it 'till it was flat, we measured out what size we wanted cut it and drilled holes where i wanted them. and bam, instant buss bar.

i believe i have 1/8" copper, should be fine.

dscf2829n.jpg

dscf2859.jpg

** side note: i've cleaned up the electrical tape you see all over those terminals. Had to order some shrink wrap and that's the best i could do at the time. And added a couple grounds, which are all black cable :P **

I would so do something like you did on your battery. But i have the stock Ford battery terminals. Which are posts, not screw on style. I if i got a GM battery that fit in my truck i could do that. But with this battery i've have to make somethin that could clamp onto the post. which i'm too lazy to do. Since i could just buy a terminal from a company. Just easier that way. lol.

Great way of doing things though.

Get these, then put a hole in a copper plate and clamp it down with the wing nut. Have a couple inches on either side for holes/bolts for other terminals.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SS01/08507.oap?ck=Search_N0365_-1_2750&pt=N0365&ppt=C0005

Was just looking for a pic to show those...lots O ring terminals will go to those!! :drink40:

no reason you shouldn't be able to do it for less than the cost of the terminals you have now. :drink40:

Here is the first bit of copper i came across. May be able to find something local for cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copper-Bar-Stock-1-8-X-3-4-X-10-electrical-repairs-etc-/130557053746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e65ce8b32

Pops is an electrician. Lol. he could probably just pic some up off the job site for free. :D and thanks for all the advice guys.

What you guys think of the amp set up??

Zip ties are easy to cut :peepwall: