Sign in to follow this  
walled01alero

PSI RE MT

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but, your spiders will start to sag in a month or so and in 4-6 months you will be able to push the woofer all the way until it bottoms out.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but, your spiders will start to sag in a month or so and in 4-6 months you will be able to push the woofer all the way until it bottoms out.

Well it's not mine, and do you say this because of the parts psi uses?

I'm curious as to why you would say that?

Nice looking sub you got there!

Edited by suicideking602

Yes, I had two RE MT 18"s with Psi Recones, over $300 into them. For the first few months they were fine. A steady 151.4 with 3k on the TL. After 3 months the score started dropping slowly as the spiders started to sag more and more. Eventually they were so soft I could bottom the woofers out just by pushing on them.

It upsets me as friends of mine with other brand woofers have been playing theirs for 6months through 3 years and have not had an issue like I did.

I'm curious as to why you would say that?

Nice looking sub you got there!

Thanks. That sub isn't mine though. I own teh fi built woofer next to it :b

Edited by gumbysmoke

Yes, I had two RE MT 18"s with Psi Recones, over $300 into them. For the first few months they were fine. A steady 151.4 with 3k on the TL. After 3 months the score started dropping slowly as the spiders started to sag more and more. Eventually they were so soft I could bottom the woofers out just by pushing on them.

It upsets me as friends of mine with other brand woofers have been playing theirs for 6months through 3 years and have not had an issue like I did.

I've always been a fi man for a reason

Well I sold em for less then half what I had in them just to get rid of them, they made me sick to look at.

Sundown subs are going in next.

Well I sold em for less then half what I had in them just to get rid of them, they made me sick to look at.

Sundown subs are going in next.

Cool. I haven't heard anything bad about sundown woofers. Never tried them myself though.

Btw bassaholic, I saw your post on d4s (a.k.a. psi central). Be careful mane, teh testicular huggery is strong lolz. :neil:

Btw bassaholic, I saw your post on d4s (a.k.a. psi central). Be careful mane, teh testicular huggery is strong lolz. :neil:

I"m not worried lol I've been banned from there like 3 times, JP always lets me back on.

my MT's never sagged, had to recone because i blew them though lol.

But my recones have been a yr strong now

my MT's never sagged, had to recone because i blew them though lol.

But my recones have been a yr strong now

Was it a psi recone?

nope fi recone

he made sone SExxx's for me b4 the SX's came out though way back in the dday

Edited by djjdnap

nope fi recone

he made sone SExxx's for me b4 the SX's came out though way back in the dday

Well he was talking about PSI recones sagging lol. I could have guessed that the FI recones were going strong :lol:

my mis-read thought he was talkng about MT's in general