Sign in to follow this  
donaldkbart

sax 1200d ssf help

I have an fi q 12 in a ported enclosure tuned to 32 Hz. Where on the dial is 28-29 Hz so I can set it properly. Also where should I put the lpf? Thanks a lot for the help

in the middle! lol!

take a pic of the dial, and tell us the upper and lower limits!

or upper limit minus the lower then divide by 2, and this will give you the mid scale! and this should help you find the sweet spot!

also once you get it set you may in the future have to fine tune it up or down depending on how the setup is working and other factors

set the dial directly in the middle then turn a tad counter clockwise and you should be good. if you have the lpf off on your headunit then turn the lpf on the amp to about 80hz or so

Search this forum for "subsonic filter setting". Stephanhighnote explains the PROPER way to set it.

Also....if the box is tuned to 32Hz then that is where you need the ssf set to.....the idea is to not allow the driver to play below box tune to keep proper control over it.

yea, if i choose to use SSF, i'll take my tuning, and use a test tone about 10hz below that.

Turn SSF all the way UP, headunit to max playable volume.

While tone is playing, i start slowly turning it down until either sub bottoms out, i do not want it moving any more, or to prevent it from breaking out of xmax... whatever ur goal is.

yea, if i choose to use SSF, i'll take my tuning, and use a test tone about 10hz below that.

Turn SSF all the way UP, headunit to max playable volume.

While tone is playing, i start slowly turning it down until either sub bottoms out, i do not want it moving any more, or to prevent it from breaking out of xmax... whatever ur goal is.

I never understood the "turn your HU to max" or "3/4 the way up" to set gains, filters, ect. On my last (very small) build I hardly ever turned my HU passed 10/40 because the speakers started to sound like they were distorting. Granted they were still stock and I barely attempted to set my sub filters properly, but I made sure to keep bass boost off it as well as the gain. I hardly know anything about setting these filters yet I plan to do it right when I get the build in my sig installed, which is in about a week or so.

i'm assuming these speakers were attached to the headunit?

That's partly why they would distort right there.. not enough amp on those speakers.

Also, any increase of the bass or EQ settings on headunit will greatly distort them.

i'm assuming these speakers were attached to the headunit?

That's partly why they would distort right there.. not enough amp on those speakers.

Also, any increase of the bass or EQ settings on headunit will greatly distort them.

Hopefully I can do things the right way once I get some nice equipment in.