Angelboy863

Question about wiring two amps in one car?

So im helping my buddy hook up his little system but ive come to a blank..

he wants an amp for his sub then an amp for his speakers.

ive done this type of installation only once and i think i got lucky :P

but ill get to the point, um how do you wire two amps in one car ?

so to my knowledge, pos and neg from battery to distribution block, then two pos and neg to the two amps. right?

for the headunit im also a little confused, both amps only have inputs so how do i split the rcas? im guessing some type of wire splitter for those and both amps have two inputs?

and for the remote, do i use a distribution block for that or is it possible to put it in one amp and then to the other amp?

thanks, quick reply would be appreciated. we are doing the install now lol.

btw we're hookin up rockford fosgate 6 x 8 coaxials hooked up to a rockford fosgate 4 channel PRIME series R300.4 amp and a 10" rockford fosgate t1 hooked up to a rockford fosgate PRIME series R1000D class d monoblock amp. lol everything rockford fosgate. thanks for the help!

I have ran main power from front battery to distro power block, then power runs off block to amps, ground amps to the same grounding spot. daisy chain remote wire from one amp remote to the next amp remote.

I have ran main power from front battery to distro power block, then power runs off block to amps, ground amps to the same grounding spot. daisy chain remote wire from one amp remote to the next amp remote.

oh right, i didnt mean to say negative on distribution block. but ok i see what your saying but do you know what i have to do for the rcas? the amps dont have an output for rcas so i cannot run them amp to amp. and the headunit has only one rca output (one as in red + white) and another thing theres like two inputs in both amps so im confused about that.

look.

Monoblock

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?from_sonic&id=25750&picture_id=460346

4 channel

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?from_sonic&id=19566&picture_id=301468

you might have to get these to split the signal

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=rca+y+adaptors&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17406967372621033291&sa=X&ei=C8kDTrf0HMn50gGuw_2FCw&ved=0CHcQ8gIwAw

BUT first try to run the rca from radio to RF1000 THEN a rca cable from the pass thru outputs of the 1000D to the 4ch

you will most likely want to get a very short run of rca cable or just ball up the one you are using between amps until later on. radioshack has the y adapters. if you can't get to them at the moment just hook the rcas coming from pass thru on 1000D to the front channels on 4ch so you can have the front door speakers playing until everything else gets straightened out.

two channels will work because thats what is connected THEN you will want the Y splitters off the rca going to 4ch to use the other two channels

Edited by crunkjuice1

they can use the pass thru rca off the 1000.1 to throw signal to 4ch then just two Y adapters to use both front and rear channels.

for time being until they get the Y adapters they can hook a second set of rca from pass thru on 1000.1 to front inputs of 4ch. No reason to at least have the front stage on and the mono bumping until they do get the Y adapters to light up the rear channels.

list of items

2 Y adapters with one male two female ends

1 3ft. run of rca cable or whatever length it takes from amp to amp.

the Y adapters will go off this rca cable to 4ch white(left) to front inputs and red(right) to rear inputs.

I might be totally wrong if I am somebody please correct me.

Edited by crunkjuice1

they can use the pass thru rca off the 1000.1 to throw signal to 4ch then just two Y adapters to use both front and rear channels.

for time being until they get the Y adapters they can hook a second set of rca from pass thru on 1000.1 to front inputs of 4ch. No reason to at least have the front stage on and the mono bumping until they do get the Y adapters to light up the rear channels.

I think he stated the amp has no outputs.....niether thats what i thought was kinda weird...

mono has pass thru rca's

r10001d.jpg

this was confusing so we will be working on it tomorrow. so how many y adapters do i get? to complete the system? and what goes where?

Who's got the t1? Man y you ain't call me I coulda helped yo ass and be done already

How many outpu rca's from the head unit? Most should have 4, 2 for front and 2 for rear. Also the pass through should work on the mono block amp.

Yeah Angel what crunkjuocr is saying is right. What you doin tomorrow? I'll cone and help if you need me to but just go to radio shack or alarms etc and buy 2 y adapters and whatever extra wiring you need.

Ok let's say you didn't get everything so I'll write what is needed for this to work:

1. Good amount of power wire to reach the back and the two amps

2. Ground wire I'd say about 10ft at most

3. Remote wire, enough to reach amp 1 and then from amp 1 to amp 2

4. 3 RCA cables. One long one and 2 semi long like 10ft at most.

5. 2 y adapters make sure they aren't shitty ones

6. Distribution block for your power wire. Make sure it matches the wires you're gona be using.

So wid **** bein said I'll see you tomorrow lol

Ok I see ya Marcus nah we got all the wiring and equipment needed we just need the y adapters..did that sentence make sense? Lol but wouldn't it be easier to use a 4 channel RCA than gettn these y adapters?