jFreezy

How to make two amps compatible?

I know this is a pretty dumb question but I just can't find the answer with my ongoing research. I plan to build a pretty nice home system for my poolroom so we can listen to some good music while we're in the pool. I've researched for bass I need a plate amp so I'll go with either a Dayton or a Bash. But for mids and highs I'll grab a 4 channel amp like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0013CH7UK/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1310571806&sr=8-1

But this is the part where I'm noobish, how do I make both amps work as one? As in play the same music? Im thinking just connect RCA's but not too sure. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

And for a in depth view of my plan

I'll be running a 10 inch RE Audio Re-x 4 ohm rated 175wrms I'd figure I grab the Dayton 240 or Bash 300.

And than 2 midrange speakers 2-4 super tweeters. (haven't decided) wrms around 150 at most per speaker/tweeter.

Thank you all!

Edited by jFreezy

Yeah, nothing special just a Y splitter and another RCA cable. I Don't think you need 4 super tweeters either IMO.

As long as the 4 channel has a sub pre out you will be fine, it's just a simple rca connection...( you may need a Y-cable)

i highly doubt the RE-X will satisfy your bass needs, who knows i might be wrong.

Okay thank you for clearing up my confusion. Oh? Well I picked the RE Audio because it's cheap and its a good brand.. I was also considering the Sundown E8 but than I'd be going from 10 inch to 8 inch. And you're right maybe only two super tweeters lol.

As long as the 4 channel has a sub pre out you will be fine, it's just a simple rca connection...( you may need a Y-cable)

i highly doubt the RE-X will satisfy your bass needs, who knows i might be wrong.

What if the 4 channel amp doesn't have a sub pre output? Should I look into another amp?

No need, the plate amp has LPF filter's built in, just connect an RCA cable and go.

No need, the plate amp has LPF filter's built in, just connect an RCA cable and go.

Okay thank you very much. Im having a party next weekend so I'm buying my equipment now, hopefully they get in before Saturday of next week. I'm going with the Sundown E8. It handles a little bit more power than the RE Audio, and cmon, it's a Sundown lol.

Why not just get a cheap receiver with a sub output? Should be able to find one used quite cheap.

I'm a little unsure what you're planning to do with the midranges and supertweets, but I have a feeling it might not turn out all too well. If you wanted to build your own HT speakers I would start off by checking out some proven designs at places like zaph audio. I think you might be able to produce better results going that route than pairing some midrangers with supertweets. Not sure what you planned on doing for a crossover

I'm a little unsure what you're planning to do with the midranges and supertweets, but I have a feeling it might not turn out all too well. If you wanted to build your own HT speakers I would start off by checking out some proven designs at places like zaph audio. I think you might be able to produce better results going that route than pairing some midrangers with supertweets. Not sure what you planned on doing for a crossover

hmm.. idk i was hopin to put the tweets n midranges in each corner of my poolroom.. is that not good? soory im exceptionally new to car audio..

ill check out zaph audio.. thanks.

Why not just get a cheap receiver with a sub output? Should be able to find one used quite cheap.

I'm not sure.. ill look into that lol. thank you.

hmm.. idk i was hopin to put the tweets n midranges in each corner of my poolroom.. is that not good? soory im exceptionally new to car audio..

ill check out zaph audio.. thanks.

I am by no means an expert at this. I do think that you will get much more favoreable results from a proven design that fits your application. Should be cheaper too.

Parts Express has some awesome bookshelf speaks for $35/pr. I'd pick up a couple set's of those for $70.

I used to have a sony reciever had cd/mp3 capability connected an 2 RE REX 12's to it and they bumped hard as hell and it was at 1 ohm lol didnt hesitate. Ported and tuned at 25 hz hit those movie bass things like nothing best setup i had.

Thanks guys. I ended up buying some shelf speakers from best buy, it was a deal so I bought a pair got another pair free, so I have four speakers, I didn't buy the mid ranges and super tweeters (thank you Jesus!) lol I bought the sundown e8, the Dayton 240 plate amp, the Pyle 4 channel amp, and a y adapter. Installing everything today in my poolroom. I'll fill in on the setup and maybe get some pics. Party's tonight. YEAHHHH. lol thanks for the help guys.

Edited by jFreezy

try and do a 135 at the doorway, lol

try and do a 135 at the doorway, lol

Lol ill see what I can do hahaha.

I Don't think you need 4 super tweeters either IMO.

Sure ya do... and 4 Zcons 18's too ;) ohh ohh and a million bazillion watts. Yeah, that's it!!!!

Haha. Well the party was great. I got alot of compliments on the system. It sounded alot better than I had thought. I'm glad I went with the sa-8 than the RE audio rex. System still bumpin. Thanks for the help.