MR2

My MR2 Build Begins...Finally..!

What was the outcome of the water leak???? Hope you got it straightened out.

Were are the pics you were talking about?

:popcorn:

It was a heater hose. It was another expensive fix(like $100 part-but luckily there was an aftermarket alternative for way less). So now it's replaced and has been holding up for a couple of days now. I'm just super slammed helpin' my pops at the moment with a remodel. So he helped me a bunch...now I'm helping him a bunch. It's a real relief it wasn't anything major...!

There is a Portland MR2 meetup I'm planning on going to this weekend. So if everything goes well and no more breakdowns I'll be there. I hope to have it clean and detailed this week too so I can l take those pics I've been wanting to take. I got a lil' bummed with all the issues I was having...but things seem ok now.

Thanks for checking in on me..!

MR2

Good to hear you got it straightened out. Also great you are returning the favor helping out POPs!

Have fun at the show this weekend, I'll be looking out for the pics!

Yes I'll be taking pics at meetup and I hope to have those HQ pics taken before I roll out this weekend when it's all nice and clean..!

Ya I've been helpin' my pops and he's helped me all my life. It's just how we do it...we family..! I think that's the kind of thing you do...or should do with your fam...support them in their interest..!

So...is there any kind of SSA meetup somewhere ever...I think that would be cool...?!

MR2

Good to hear you've been able to keep moving foward :fing34: Looking foward to more pics :popcorn:

Good to hear you've been able to keep moving foward :fing34: Looking foward to more pics :popcorn:

Yes definitely been hit with some challenges...but I keep moving forward so that is good. I still have an issue what my backup camera freezing the image. Not sure if it's the HU or the camera...?!

Thanks for checkin' out my build...!

MR2

So the weekend did not go as planned. I have been workin' so much lately but had Sunday already open for the MR2 Meetup. I started washing, and the detailing process in the morning. I was way too optimistic. I figured in a couple hours I could have the ride looking descent enough. Well I tend to get really zoned in when I start a project. I was cleaning the car from the morning all the way up to 2pm(meet was 10-3pm). Then I realized what time it was and jumped in the shower and raced over. I got there with 10 minutes left. Uhhh...man...wow really. Yup...basically missed the whole thing. I did however get to meet a couple people. I met guy from Dealer who I've bought parts, and also the guy puttin' on the Meetup. He was really nice...he ended up talking to me for two hours past the meetup. So it wasn't a total loss.

As far as photos. I got there so late and I was trying to meet people but most were already leaving. They had a bunch of prizes and giveaways...I missed them all. I was totally exhausted and didn't eat since breakfast. My girl and I ended up getting some food and I had 0 energy to do anything.

So I was thinking since the car was looking not perfect but really, really way better. I only was able to get two stages of the detail done. It has some shine but not there yet. Still descent enough for pics. I was planning on getting some HQ shots tomorrow. Two problems...one it just started raining here in the NW. First time in quite some time. The other...this is a real bummer. My bro had an accident. He bump a big 8' light and it fell on my car..! It didn't really do much damage to the hood but it did dent my fender and chipped the paint down to metal.

I don't know what's up now. He said he'd help me fix it...but I know he's short on $. I figure I'll just touch up the paint and let it be till I can afford either some paint or a total paint job. Oh well I know he didn't mean to...it happens...but it's a bummer...

That's the update guys. Probably not what you expected. I certainly hoped things would have turned out different. The paint is way, way better than it was. I could probably spend another 5+ hours but it's respectable now. I'll either just take some pics in the next few days or I'll wait till the weekend so I can make time to do a proper detail. All 5 stages. I clay barred it, and hit it with Stage one cleaner. 4 more to go...and really I still need to hit it with some more cleaner before moving onto the next stage. I'm not really a detailer. I do it all by hand. Since I don't have experience with a professional buffing machine(even thought we have one now). I need to practice on something I don't care if I mess up. So till then it's all by hand and it takes forever lol...but it will look nice when I finally complete the detail. It's so crazy how much better just the cleaner did for it.

Ok guys...sorry no new pics or better updates/news.

MR2

Ok here is a sneak peak...

CIMG0357.jpg

better HQ pics will follow...thx 4 ur patience..!

MR2

Well that pic looks good, but after all this time that's it?? :(

I was atleast expecting to see a bikini clad model with big hooters next to the car :P

I was atleast expecting to see a bikini clad model with big hooters next to the car :P

:woot: