MR2

My MR2 Build Begins...Finally..!

We begin cutting the Amp Board:

CIMG0155.jpg

CIMG0156.jpg

As we fit the board we find more tweaks needed to get the perfect fit(we use a pencil to mark out the cuts needed):

CIMG0158.jpg

CIMG0160.jpg

I help out by standing on the board while Pops does the finish work:

CIMG0161.jpg

CIMG0162.jpg

Here is what it looks like in the Frunk:

CIMG0157.jpg

We add the hold down bolt(the same one that hold the spare tire):

CIMG0163.jpg

CIMG0167.jpg

MR2

Test fitting the Zed Audio Draconia II:

CIMG0169.jpg

CIMG0165.jpg

MBQuart X overs:

CIMG0170.jpg

CIMG0171.jpg

Lastly I paint the amp board(but I forgot I need to sand down the edges-will do tomorrow and respray):

CIMG0178.jpg

MR2

Ok Ya'll...that's it for tonight...gunna chillax 2 the tube...I'll be back on it tomorrow...! Can't Wait...!!!

Thx 4 checkin' out my build log...

MR2

Ok...one more coat...now I chillax(sorry my palm pre takes less than stellar pics...especially in low light)...

CIMG0179.jpg

More updates tomorrow...!

MR2

Oh Yeah, the frunk is gonna look great!!!! Draconia!!!! Nice!!!! :fing34::fing34:

Were you able to find a spare?? Will the amp setup allow for the spare to fit?

Continue to take your time, the finished product will show it!!

Oh Yeah, the frunk is gonna look great!!!! Draconia!!!! Nice!!!! :fing34::fing34:

Cool Thanks...I'm really happy with how it's turning out..!!!

Were you able to find a spare?? Will the amp setup allow for the spare to fit?

Yes I found a spare after spending the afternoon on hot azz day lookin' forever and found one that is slightly smaller but should work fine. The amp rack was designed to be supported by the spare tire. The spare lock down actually locks down the amp rack...pretty cool..!

Continue to take your time, the finished product will show it!!

This is definitely taking a lot longer than any system I've ever build but I'm taking my time. So I think it will turn out well...?!

Thanks for checking out my build log and the responses. Keeps things motivated...it's been a lot of work so far...I haven't built a system in years...but it's something I miss...it's fun to be building one again..!

MR2

Ok I'm going to go check out my amp board paint job I did. I did another coat super late last night. I noticed some weaker spots...so hopefully it's good to go. Debating if I should leave it black or glue down some carpet..?! That's probably the next step. Watcha all think...?! Here's what it looks like now(looks like I got a better coat on the back-it was late and dark outside so I thought I put a heavier coat on the front...guess that doesn't matter if I carpet it in black)...

CIMG0183.jpg

It needs some sanding on edges still(which I forgot to do before painting)so I think I'll do that and hit it with another coat. If I do that now it should be dry to touch by noon...

MR2

Just finish it with a Stone spray paint, use the black as your base color. Looking good so far and Im loving that Draconia II :attempt:

haha never heard of a "frunk", makes total sense though! :fing34:

Lookin' good. In my opinion i think it would look nice with some black carpet over the amp rack.

haha never heard of a "frunk", makes total sense though! :fing34:

Lookin' good. In my opinion i think it would look nice with some black carpet over the amp rack.

Lol...Frunk...ya pretty funny sounding...but hey when I was over in Australia they call their trunk boot...so it's all good...! =)

So I agree...I'm going to definitely carpet it...thanks for the feedback...

Just sanding the edges round now, then recoat, then once it's dry I'll spray glue the carpet down. It's really warm(not for the NW so it should have no issues drying fast)..!

CIMG0184.jpg

CIMG0185.jpg

CIMG0186.jpg

MR2

You're in the NW? where at?

Portland Oregon...

Just finish it with a Stone spray paint, use the black as your base color. Looking good so far and Im loving that Draconia II :attempt:

Decided to go with Carpet. I got a chip in one corner which would be covered up with carpet. Also I used plywood instead of mdf in case it ever gets wet it'll hold up better(not too mention it's lighter too!

Just finished the sanding and painted all the edges and the weaks spots even though I'll cover them up I like the job done right..! =)

Here's a pic of carpet:

CIMG0187.jpg

MR2

I've heard "boot" from several folks on the east coast. I had no clue wtf they were talking about.

I've heard "boot" from several folks on the east coast. I had no clue wtf they were talking about.

Hahaha...ya when I went over to AU my buddy was like ya throw that in the boot..."HUH"...lol...!

MR2

Portland Oregon...

Hey, only a state away! haha you should come up to kent, WA on sept. 4th for Import Alliance!

Portland Oregon...

Hey, only a state away! haha you should come up to kent, WA on sept. 4th for Import Alliance(just googled it...they have a sound off too=)!

If I'm not busy that sounds like it would be a good drive up. I just heard that they had a Lowrider show in Kent and some ppl got hurt or shot or somethin'...that's kinda scary...!

MR2

Portland Oregon...

Hey, only a state away! haha you should come up to kent, WA on sept. 4th for Import Alliance(just googled it...they have a sound off too=)!

If I'm not busy that sounds like it would be a good drive up. I just heard that they had a Lowrider show in Kent and some ppl got hurt or shot or somethin'...that's kinda scary...!

MR2

Wow, didn't hear about that. Doesn't surprise me though. Tacoma/Kent/Tukwila area is bad about that kind of stuff..

Portland Oregon...

MR2

Wow, didn't hear about that. Doesn't surprise me though. Tacoma/Kent/Tukwila area is bad about that kind of stuff..

Ya heard it on local news last night...I use to roll a lowrider on switches etc. Of course I had a system in it too which was really tricky to fit it all in the trunk of my honda import...those were to crazy days...I had to keep tools in my car in case anything went wrong...it was like having a show car for a daily d...I wouldn't roll a car with hydros on a daily d anymore(anyway that way many many years ago)...

Btw checked out your whole build and a bunch of your youtube videos...is that your dad helping you..?! That is cool if he is...mine is helping me too...pretty cool..!

MR2

Thanks for checkin' it out. That's not my dad, but I call him my "second dad". Grew up with him and his wife on the weekends and any time off school, so they're family. :drink40: Makes it a lot more fun workin with another person that's interested in what I'm doing.

Ok I'm going to go check on the amp board and see if it's dry...I finally dried from all the sweat...lol...it's mainly rains up here in the nw...but when it gets warm...it feels pretty hot...at least in the summer time...I wanna get the install done today so I can go take it for a test run/listen...!

Thanks for checking out my build log and feedback guys(I forgot how much I really enjoyed building systems)...I see I can learn a lot from reading your guys build logs...I haven't built a proper system in years...it's been a fun experience so far with the MR2 and it's nice to work on a project with my Pops...! =)

MR2

Thanks for checkin' it out. That's not my dad, but I call him my "second dad". Grew up with him and his wife on the weekends and any time off school, so they're family. :drink40: Makes it a lot more fun workin with another person that's interested in what I'm doing.

I see right on dood...! Ya it really makes a difference when you have someone to give you some support. Most people don't get it...building a crazy system in your car that is...my pops kinda doesn't fully but he still helps out whenever I need help. So that is cool. If I had a kid I think building a system together would be a fun way to bond. I Don't have any lil' ones...but if I did...I'd give em' support. Only thing I'd say is don't play it too Loud for long periods...otherwise...go crazy and have fun with it...lol =)

MR2

Ok gotta get away from this computer so I can see how the paint is doing...hopefully it's dry and ready for carpet...!

I'll check back in later guys...!

MR2

Yep, the time spent with Dad/Son on a project is "Great"!! Enjoyed the time spent with my son on his project!

Agree that the amp mounted on there with carpet will make the amp look so much better! My opinion.

Keep up the great work!

Yep, the time spent with Dad/Son on a project is "Great"!! Enjoyed the time spent with my son on his project!

Agree that the amp mounted on there with carpet will make the amp look so much better! My opinion.

Keep up the great work!

I really enjoy it..!

Ya I think the carpet will look great. I just repainted the board for like the third time...I've ruffly cut the carpet & glued it down. I also put one last coat of paint on the backside. Here's some pics...

CIMG0189.jpg

CIMG0190.jpg

CIMG0196.jpg

MR2