MR2

My MR2 Build Begins...Finally..!

Ok so finally the build is on! My car has been in the shop for two months getting an engine swap(95 2.2 n/a in a 91). So anyway this is my first time every logging a car stereo build. I'm not new to forums but I am new to this car audio forum.

Here's a shot of the parts:

MR2_095.jpg

I've already started removing the dash and old Eclipse HU that was in the car. Supposibly the kid I bought the car from bought the car from a car stereo installer. I can confirm that by the very nice previous install of the HU. All twisted wiring cut to length. Here's a shot:

MR2_000.jpg

This is what it looks like under the hood:

MR2_097.jpg

Ok back to it...more to follow...!

MR2

Looks like a great start!!! Waiting for some more!! :popcorn:

Looks like a great start!!! Waiting for some more!! :popcorn:

Thanks for checking it out and the encouragement..! It's been friggin' painfull staring at all these components and no car to be able to put it in. Spent the day running around picking up some last minute parts. I'll do my best to take shots along the way...so far the phone is the easiest way to do that since it's always on me. I'll take much better shots with a real camera once it's done.

MR2

Glad you got the car running! Can't wait for more I have been watching the other MR2 forum you had going. Hope all the audio gets in there soon! :popcorn:

Glad you got the car running! Can't wait for more I have been watching the other MR2 forum you had going. Hope all the audio gets in there soon! :popcorn:

Thanks for following my post. I bet you were wondering if I'd ever start...or if I was just making this all up. Wonder if anyone ever does that...lol.

Anyway...I believe I have everything. I will likely take this is two stages. One will be running all the wiring and hook up the HU to the speakers the previous owner installed. Then I will be pulling the doors off and doing some sound deadening and figure out if I need to do any tricky mods to get the MBQuarts in the doors.

Ok back to it. My hope is to at least get the HU in tonight...!

MR2

Don't rush :lol2: Get the job done right the first time :morepower1: I rushed when wiring 4 channels and had to go back later and clean my mess up :suicide-santa:

Don't rush :lol2: Get the job done right the first time :morepower1: I rushed when wiring 4 channels and had to go back later and clean my mess up :suicide-santa:

Ya good point man...! Right now I'm just laying everything out and mapping everything out...maybe I'll hold off till tomorrow to proceed..!

Thanks for the suggestion..!

MR2

Looks good. I've always wondered about putting some subs in a car like that. Hood rattles instead of trunk rattles! haha

sweet mr2 man :morepower1: going to sound nice and clean :fing34:

:woot:

Glad to see you're finally getting a chance to install your equipment. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck

Glad to see you're finally getting a chance to install your equipment. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck

Me too..! Thanks Luke..!

Sorry for lack of updates...Epic work bein' done ova here..! Havin' 2 mod the door panels and add door woofer spacers to accommodate to oversized MBQuart baskets. It was a temporary setback trying to get them to fit...but were almost there...I've been taking many pics along the way. I'll update hopefully later tonight..but I got to get back to the build..!

MR2

Edited by MR2

Do Work!!!! Waitin' on Pics!!! :popcorn:

Ok I'll throw up a couple pics. My Pops is cool to lend me a hand(so you might see his hand in some of these pics... =) !

We've soldered the inside sub wire directly to the terminal:

CIMG0098.jpg

Added some polyfill to the inside of sub box:

CIMG0100.jpg

A shot of the sub before it's mounted in box:

CIMG0102.jpg

Sub Mounted:

CIMG0103.jpg

Now here's what it looks like inside the MR2:

CIMG0104-1.jpg

Ok guys...more later(sorry for crappy pics...my palm pre doesn't take great pics-When it's all done I'll take some HQ ones. For now these will at least show you how it's going)!

MR2

That sub is perty :P Pound that sound man!

Do Work!!!! Waitin' on Pics!!! :popcorn:

more coming this evening...!

MR2

Edited by MR2

That sub is perty :P Pound that sound man!

Believe me...I can't wait to...& I will as soon as this system is done...!!!

MR2

Hey All...

I'll add more info and pics tomorrow...just getting done for the evening and I'm wooped..!

Here's the workbench(lol)...

CIMG0109.jpg

MR2

That pic gives me vertigo :P

Hey All...

I'll add more info and pics tomorrow...just getting done for the evening and I'm wooped..!

MR2

:woot: No Pain No Gain!!!

Anotha day...that means I will be workin' on my build some more...maybe even get it finished today...we shall see..!

but...first things first...food...need food to fuel me...lol..!

Anotha day...that means I will be workin' on my build some more...maybe even get it finished today...we shall see..!

You finished eating yet??? We want some more pics!!

You finished eating yet??? We want some more pics!!

Actually jus got right into it...almost all the wiring is ran now...omg this is the most work of any install I've ever done(hands are all dirty and beat up)..!

It's really not that hard...but everything is so tight working under the dash...anyway it's coming along really well..!

Ok now I'm friggin' starved...more pics soon guys..!

MR2