mikeyraw215

bandpass enclosure for custom nightshade 10"?

Aight I'm planning on buying 1 of 4 custom nightshade 10s that jacob custom made with the blue basket. I wanted to know if this sub would be suitable in a 4th order bandpass enclosure. Also would like to know what's the best frequency to tune the enclosure for daily driver ( I like hip hop music and love the lows lol). I would be using a digital design m1b amplifier to run the sub. Ryan from ram designs will be designing my enclosure most likely but I wanted everyones input b4 I do so.

T/S parameters:

D2

1500w RMS

RE: 3.55 ohms

FS: 45.8 Hz

Qes: 0.366

Qms: 6.44

Qts: 0.346

Le: 3.25 mH

Vas: 5.97 L

BL: 23.69 N/A

Cms: 59.92 uM/N

Mms: 200g

Edited by mikeyraw215

What makes you want a bandpass enclosure? It might be the right choice depending on your goals, but you should be sure about that before building one. Do you have the space for one?

What makes you want a bandpass enclosure? It might be the right choice depending on your goals, but you should be sure about that before building one. Do you have the space for one?

Well I have a bmw 3 series sedan and I want to shoot the port from the bandpass enclosure into the cabin thru the rear deck for a clean sound minus all the vibrations. I should have enough space being that sundown nightshade subs work well in small enclosure, just hoping it will work well in a 4th order bandpass design. My goal is to get tuning between 30-80hz being that I listen to hip hop/rap music

Why not a ported box with the port shooting into the cabin? Easier to design and build.

Why not a ported box with the port shooting into the cabin? Easier to design and build.

That's the set up I have now. I'm just tryna change it up and try something different.

It doesn't really sound like a good candidate for a bandpass to me. The frequency range you are after is fairly wide and typically a bandpass plays within a narrow range. I think you would be better off with a simple 4th Order Vented alignment. If you're concerned about vibrations you should install some deadener. There will always be vibrations present no matter what the orientation of your subs.

It doesn't really sound like a good candidate for a bandpass to me. The frequency range you are after is fairly wide and typically a bandpass plays within a narrow range. I think you would be better off with a simple 4th Order Vented alignment. If you're concerned about vibrations you should install some deadener. There will always be vibrations present no matter what the orientation of your subs.

The frequency range doesn't really need to be that broad but as long as it plays the lows it should be fine. I will be installing some sound deadener also but what I'm worried about is the trunk rattle and the sound being muffled in the trunk. At the moment I'm only running 1 10" american bass xfl in a free ported design box from ssa and it sounds great but I already knocked my sunroof off track so it doesn't close all the way unless I have someone hold the button while I force it close. Also getting some rattle underneeth the car and even my back bumper flexes lol. I seen some guy in a lexus forum with a lexus gs sedan running 2 re audio 10s in a bandpass enclosure with the port thru the rear deck and it turned out good so I wanna do the same but with 1 10 lol

The dude with the lexus lives in florida?

The white one. Where at in florida. Do u know him, I would really like to hear his set up in person.

Yea its white idont know him I was there when the dude built it tho it was really clean tho I never heard it he lives around brandon tampa area

Yea its white idont know him I was there when the dude built it tho it was really clean tho I never heard it he lives around brandon tampa area

his name is rayan blaser and he lves up north and no u wont have to keep the seats down you could make the sub face the trunk if you want a design i can do on for ya for free just send me ur email in a pm

O random dude has same white one with 2 re tens in a port threw the deck small world

I seen the videos and it looks like it sounds good and clean...... I wish I could hear it in person so I could make up my mind

O yea by the way I had a bandpass in my e46 bmw and it was thre the back deck I loved it. It had a great sound and really hit the lows I didn't have any complaints I kinda wana put that box in my new suv to see how it sounds

O yea by the way I had a bandpass in my e46 bmw and it was thre the back deck I loved it. It had a great sound and really hit the lows I didn't have any complaints I kinda wana put that box in my new suv to see how it sounds

Nice..... I think I'm still leaning towards this. What's the specs u ran (sub, tuning, amp......)

12 ia death row I really don't know the specs I had it made loved it and did not even care lol. It was run at 2 ohms on a 1200 hifi. I liked it better then the port box I have now,but yes the port box is louder.(Also the port box is in a suv)

Edited by steveo50

12 ia death row I really don't know the specs I had it made loved it and did not even care lol. It was run at 2 ohms on a 1200 hifi. I liked it better then the port box I have now,but yes the port box is louder.(Also the port box is in a suv)

Y do u like it more than your ported box even tho the ported box is louder. SQ?

^^^ :puzzled: hey do you want me to do you a design for free

Yea I was tryna pm u but for some reason I coud'nt.

:ughdunno: try again and if it wont, post a visitor message on my profile Edited by backyardbass97

Yea the bandpass seamed to be cleaner so sq I guess