Sign in to follow this  
dennisp

Amprack

Sorry about the Saran wrap, it's still on there cuz I'm not quite finished yet and I dont wanna scratch the plexi. As you can see, the wire mess is visible at the bottom of the amprack, but I'm going to cover it up tomorrow. My car battery died so the LEDs/cathodes aren't very bright, and this is during the daytime.

dscn16063mo.jpg

dscn16092hb.jpg

dscn16126yu.jpg

Lastly, my kicker 8's were too deep for my rear speaker slots so I had to make a new grill. Didn't feel like spending more money on fiberglass, so I just made something outta wood. The chicken wire behind the grill cloth isn't as visible in real life.

Before:

dscn11751rw.jpg

After:

dscn16135dl.jpg

I'll get more pix when it's completed.

Not bad.

Those grilles dont look that bad.

Have you gotten a chance to listen to it yet ?

We shoudve spray painted the holes black so they wouldnt be as noticeable

Edited by Eldorado

wow lookin very very VERY nice dennis. i like the way you positioned your LEDs on the DLS logo.

Not bad.

I went to listen to it for the first time, and my battery was dead. O joy. I'm gonna check tomorrow to see if I can fit a kinetik 2400, which is complete overkill for my application but who cares :D (btnhfan had one for sale for $200, which is the only reason I might buy one)

Still debating if I should spend a lot on a nice battery or just get a cheap interstate one and spend the rest of the money on an RTA/MLS system. I didn't have any dimming with my old crappy batt, so I'm not sure it's worth it to buy a nice one.

wow lookin very very VERY nice dennis.  i like the way you positioned your LEDs on the DLS logo.

It's actually 2 sheets of plexi :P

One with red LEDs, the other with green.

Not bad.

I went to listen to it for the first time, and my battery was dead. O joy. I'm gonna check tomorrow to see if I can fit a kinetik 2400, which is complete overkill for my application but who cares :D (btnhfan had one for sale for $200, which is the only reason I might buy one)

Still debating if I should spend a lot on a nice battery or just get a cheap interstate one and spend the rest of the money on an RTA/MLS system. I didn't have any dimming with my old crappy batt, so I'm not sure it's worth it to buy a nice one.

You arent running enough wattage to cause dimming.

Get the cheap batt.

I wouldnt mind borrowing a RTA ;)

wow lookin very very VERY nice dennis.  i like the way you positioned your LEDs on the DLS logo.

It's actually 2 sheets of plexi :P

One with red LEDs, the other with green.

Wow the rack is awesome, the two tone LED looks great as well.

Buy the cheap battery, Interstates are a lot better than you would expect.

I really like it!

For the battery, Interstates are great batteries. I happen to be a fan of the Magatron series myself.

The grills, well, they work, and don't look half bad. I'd roundover the tops for them to flow better into the panel they're on, and go to the dealership and get the proper color of paint so it matches the panel. After that, I think they'll blend in much better.

As for the wires showing, personally, I like to see some detail in that area. Too many people hide things, and I would really like to see more installs with some tedious wiring schemes and showing it off. A simple straightening of the wires and you should be golden. If you don't want to go throught that trouble, you could just as easily take a paint a 1" of so border around the plexi so once installed, it will block the view of the cabling and draw all the attention to the sink and DLS logo. I'd go with the same color as the vinyl personally. Problem solved with minimal effort. I say keep the wiring visible though.

I can't wait to see it in the dark. That logo should really "pop."

Looks awesome.

I didn't read the thread, but do you/are you going to have little panels that fit over the amps so it just looks like a wall?

Looks awesome.

I didn't read the thread, but do you/are you going to have little panels that fit over the amps so it just looks like a wall?

Thanks. For security reason, I probably will.

I really like it!

For the battery, Interstates are great batteries.  I happen to be a fan of the Magatron series myself. 

The grills, well, they work, and don't look half bad.  I'd roundover the tops for them to flow better into the panel they're on, and go to the dealership and get the proper color of paint so it matches the panel.  After that, I think they'll blend in much better.

As for the wires showing, personally, I like to see some detail in that area.  Too many people hide things, and I would really like to see more installs with some tedious wiring schemes and showing it off.  A simple straightening of the wires and you should be golden.  If you don't want to go throught that trouble, you could just as easily take a paint a 1" of so border around the plexi so once installed, it will block the view of the cabling and draw all the attention to the sink and DLS logo.  I'd go with the same color as the vinyl personally.  Problem solved with minimal effort.  I say keep the wiring visible though.

I can't wait to see it in the dark.  That logo should really "pop."

I was thinking the same exact thing about the grills, I just don't have a router :(

As for the wiring, I would pretty it up with grommets and such, but I have very little room to work with down there. The bottom ends of the RCA tips are 1mm from the bottom of the rack. :faintthud:

Thanks for the LEDs, they worked out great :D

how did you do that logo?

Paid someone to laser engrave it, circle on one sheet of plexi, logo on another sheet. Then one sheet has green LEDs drilled into it, the other has red LEDs.

Dennis, I am very impressed. I like the plexi and amp rack. Yes the wires are visible, but not bad enough to do anything other then a few pieces of black wire loom.

The grills look OK. I dont know if I like them all that much, They do work though. Still an excellent install thus far. Pics of the door pods now (I dont think I have seen them since you changed them up).

-J