wenderson

low voltage!!

i have an DC 270xp and 5 kinetik hc2400 and did the big 3, when the bass hits the voltage drops to 11.9 and when the music is off it stays at 14.2v.. i have 2 fi btl 18s and selenuim horn with all stetsom amps..WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT

charge your batteries? The alt may be putting out proper voltage but your batteries are drained. You need to throw them on a AGM charger once in awile depending on how much you pound on your system.

Edited by crunkjuice1

use the trickle charge for the agm batts at least once a month.

What amps (model #'s) do you have? What ohms are you running them at? Is this at idle or at +1500 engine rpms? What size power and ground wires and how many runs of each?

its at idle around 600-700rmps, i have 2 runs(2+ & 2-) of 1/0 and already did the big3

You don't have enough alt.

its at idle around 600-700rmps, i have 2 runs(2+ & 2-) of 1/0 and already did the big3

What's your current draw from all amplifiers combined?

i have a 08 f150 harley with a saleen supercharge.. is there anyone who make dual alt kit for it

You are definitely drawing more power than what your 270XP can produce. You need more alts :morepower1:

11.9v is low for a multi battery setup, dont you think?

I have 1/0 from alt to the back batteries, should I also run 1/0 from the front battery to the back ones ??

Nope. It won't help.

run a single run of 1/0 or larger ground wire from ground post on alt or front battery to rear battery bank.

I'd say you probably could use a better ground back there, you shouldn't be experiencing that much drop front to back. My brother's Caliber for example only has a drop of like .01-.02 usually from front battery to rear battery.

if u want higher voltage than 14.2, then yes it should, but if 14.2v isn't normal range for that alt, i wouldnt use the vcm.

assuming u are using the correct pulley and belt is tight, vcm would help.

No, you need a larger power supply.

I'll try the vcm if it doesn't help ill go with adding a other alt

Why waste time and money?