AcIdBuRn83355

L7 or X... decissions decissions...

alrighty... im building a new system for a friend of mine... he wants to compete in db drag.. its a 2000 eclipse gt v6 pushing around 450-500whp...

anyways... ive got to decide which would be louder for the price....

i can get a single Kicker Solo X 12 and push it with the 1200.1... or I can get two L7 15's, which would be more suited for the amp... and both of which would be in vented enclosures tuned to probably low 30's... not sure yet...

any suggestions?

thanks

-AcId-

need to decide what class first,

I personally prefer the L7's, I dont have too much time on the SoloX's, and only with the 18", I have just liked the versatility of the L7

The kx1200 would not have enough power for the solox

4 of them might :woot:

honestly best bet is 2 12" l7s instead of 2 15s i have a 00 eclipse and 2 15s arent gonna be easy to get full potential out of because of space limitations also the hatch with the twelves will hammer imo its just that the 15s need a large enclosure and the eclipse isnt space friendly

low 30's....going to do variable tuning i hope, wont get much of anywehre in dB Drag with low 30's ;)

The Box is a also a major factor in a set up so you should watch out for your limited space as fosgate mentioned. Have someone that knows their stuff design one for you...

low 30's....going to do variable tuning i hope, wont get much of anywehre in dB Drag with low 30's ;)

oh, i dunno..lol..

i've seen big scores come from low tuned boxes..just depends on too many things....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

6 cubes at 35 hz would slam in an eclipse with the l7salso with the 00 eclipse face the woofers to the seats you will get better results in that car good luck if you want ill send you the specs of my box

Check out Digital Designs 9500 series, my soundoff team is running 2 vehicles with 9515s. Meg's is running on a concept CC-D2400 1/2 ohm daily driver, 148.3 db, 1 15" sub, 1 amp. The other one is hitting 150.3 with one sub running at 2 ohms on a pair of strapped concept CC-D2400A s, 1 15, 2 amps. Both on an audiocontrol 3065.

I tune boxes to the car, not the sub. run the sub in a box, outside of the car with the mic a foot from the box. place the sub in the car, then run it with the mic on the dash, see what freq you gain the most at, tune the box to it.

I watched an owner of 2 15" L7s jump out of one of our cars because he couldn't handle the sound pressure level.

I would find the nearest DD dealer in your area. If you call DD they will direct you(405)239-2800 is there number american made in Oklahoma City.

I hate DD, they wont send me a recone for my mid.

Did you call and talk to Kim?

We have sent in 6 year old subs, and they have never given us a problem. If Kim can't help, Talk to Jess, he's the lead tech. If all else fails refer it to Alice, sh'e the owner of DD? Any problems, email me, I'll call them for you. or pm me and I'll give you my number. I'll help you get it worked out if I can.

Edited by KickinAudio

might wanna take your number down and PM him :)

I hate DD, they wont send me a recone for my mid.

Did you call and talk to Kim?

We have sent in 6 year old subs, and they have never given us a problem. If Kim can't help, Talk to Jess, he's the lead tech. If all else fails refer it to Alice, sh'e the owner of DD? Any problems, email me, I'll call them for you. or pm me and I'll give you my number. I'll help you get it worked out if I can.

I talked to kim. The only problem i had was that they wouldnt send me a recone i would have to ship my mid to them and pay for the recone and pay for shipping both ways. I dont want them to do it when i can do it just fine.

Non sagging surround my rear......

That would be nice if i could get them back up and running. Those things are beasts. Pounded pretty nice in a 1.3ft^3 tuned to 35 hz

anywhoo enough of my rant.

Edited by Eldorado