knockinthastreetzof608

would .7 make a difference

well its recone time for me, i was wondering on what wiring choices do i have having 2

.7 coils

will i get more power out of it if i just choose these instead of having 2 dual 1 like i had before???

just trying to get the most the power as i can and help stop impedence rise

Dual .7ohm coils are dual 1ohm coils.

.7ohm is the DCR of the coils, 1ohm is the nominal impedance of the coils.

Its a toss up, the .7 ohm is just the nominal impedance. My 1 ohm coils actually read .8 ohms. So in that situation, the gain would be non existent.

In your case, you MIGHT hear a difference, but I doubt it. If it was me, I'd get the 1 ohm coils, but that's just me. I prefer the wiring options

Its a toss up, the .7 ohm is just the nominal impedance. My 1 ohm coils actually read .8 ohms. So in that situation, the gain would be non existent.

In your case, you MIGHT hear a difference, but I doubt it. If it was me, I'd get the 1 ohm coils, but that's just me. I prefer the wiring options

No, .7 is the DCR. 1ohm is the nominal impedance. They are the same thing. And no, there won't be a difference. They're the same thing.

IA offers .7ohm coils and 1 ohm coils. The DCR on the .7 coils should read roughly .5 ohm.

If you have to ask about .7 coils then stick with dual 1 ohm coils before you mess more things up, maybe a little more power but nothing noticeable.

IA offers .7ohm coils and 1 ohm coils. The DCR on the .7 coils should read roughly .5 ohm.

He has a DC sub listed in his sig?

EDIT: I guess DC offers the same in the upper levels. My bad, I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to any of these newer brands.

EDIT: I guess DC offers the same in the upper levels. My bad, I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to any of these newer brands.

lol, hard to know what DC offers.

If you dont even know why your amp is going into protect in your other thread and you have to ask about .7 coils then stick with dual 1 ohm coils before you mess more things up.

Different people...

DC only has D1, D1.4, and D2 coils for his woofers. Your first thought was correct Brad.

If you dont even know why your amp is going into protect in your other thread and you have to ask about .7 coils then stick with dual 1 ohm coils before you mess more things up.

Different people...

DC only has D1, D1.4, and D2 coils for his woofers. Your first thought was correct Brad.

I guess we should ask the OP whether the .7ohm is the DCR or the stated nominal impedance.

Different people...

I guess we should ask the OP whether the .7ohm is the DCR or the stated nominal impedance.

you are wrong i have the invoice already they do have .7 coils just have to ask for it that it all,

and right now the coils read .9 on each but then again my dmm is pretty cheap so im not supirsed if its off on my d1

im asking because im already getting crazy rise from my amps its like at 3ohm clamped so this is a new build and im just trying to cutdown on all the rise to get the most out of this build and i will be in comps because i know probley wont hear much of a difference but im just chasing number on this one guys

well i im currently doing 147.2 at 49hz sealed up i think its not that bad of a score for my mustang but no one thinks it will make a differenence not even a .2 or .3 ill just be a the testing pig and find out if now its still dual 1 like u say anyway so there no difference

Dual .7ohm coils are dual 1ohm coils.

.7ohm is the DCR of the coils, 1ohm is the nominal impedance of the coils.

people just don't understand this concept. it's quite annoying seeing the "dcr" figure getting thrown around like it's the nominal impedance.

perfect example is with Fi. look at their site, click on any model sub category, and at the top it says either dual1, or dual2 ohm coils. but 2 lines down would you look at that....the "RE" aka "DCR" figure .7 [d1] and 1.4 [d2].

i wish people would realize that the "nominal impedance" has been the figure for matching speakers to amplifiers since the beginning.

i blame the consumers paying too much attention to what competitors are doing in the lanes, vs just using whats been the standard

all in all, i giggle a little every time i see someone say " im running my amp at .7 daily " not knowing full well that's just a 1ohm nominal impedance load.

there are however a few manufactures using some oddball coil figures, but for those that know the difference or not is another story