Sign in to follow this  
MrBrooks

need with box size for 10" DCON

I have decided to go with 2 sets of Iseries comps and a 10" DCON for drivers. I will be running all off of a SAX 100.4. One set each on channels 1&2 with the sub bridged across 3&4.

My question is which of the 3 box designs in the download section will be best at this power level(320wrms)?

It will be for daily use with no intentions of competeing. My music tastes are metal/rock with the occasional hip hop/thecno thrown in for showoff purposes. Thanx for any help/info.

The optimal ported one

There are 2. 1.25ft. And 1.4 I think is the larger

The standard enclosure size is great. :)

If you've got the room go with the optimal one.

Sounds like a nice setup!! What's it going in?

It's going in a '99 Land Rover Discovery. So there will be little to no fab work other than the box. All four doors have comps from the factory. 3way in front. Plan to just leave the 2" at the top of the front doors where it is and dead and put tweets in the existing A-pillar pockets. I'm lucky that the factory 6.5s are in very nice enclosures,not just stuck in the door panels. Those factory mids try to dig down......they just don't have what it takes anymore.

Optimal ported will sound amazing! I have mine in a very similar sized enclosure and I love it.

That's just it......there are 2 listed as optimal.......which one are y'all refering too??? Will be built for sub up port back BTW. Its a small size difference......only like 1.5" more on depth mesurement. Or is the 1.25ft the optimal anthe other should be listed a large?

Edited by MrBrooks

Only the 1.25 is the optimal listing we have. The standard size is 1.00 for the Dcon 10.

The 1.25 is the optimal listed for the dcon, the 1.35 is for the icon. Is this what confused you? As Aaron has stated the 1.25 should do ya just fine

Yeah........didn't see the icon designation on the 1.35ft plans. Thnx for the clarification.

:)

Good luck with the system. I'm sure you're gonna love that Dcon