Punkeyboozter

BTL questions

-How many spiders are there in the N2?

-Can we have super Gauss in the N2 or is it not required/superseded no longer relevant? What are the benefits and is it worth it?

-AA SMD is designed by FI right...price and power handling aside which is a better driver for loud daily? Unfortunately I live on the other side of the world and have no way to listen to either of these.

Thanks

5 spiders I believe. SG is a completely different motor, designed for different things and should not be compared.

The SMD was designed by Fi, they also manufacture it.

5 spiders I believe. SG is a completely different motor, designed for different things and should not be compared.

Thanks Duran,

Good to still see you around after all these years.

That is partly my problem. You see I tell people what power I have and they tell me go with the N2 without really knowing what I want. (saz3000D) ...and they may be right but I do not have a chance to try it which makes it very tough for me.

See I have two BL's but I want more. I want that feeling of absolutely excessive bass while sounding good. I like low loud and reliable; was thinking of going with a single 18.

Problem I have with the BL's is that I dont feel they have a lot of low end authority and and ive build them a few boxes that is pretty much on the specs. They make me happy for most part but again its not enough.

I know with us enough is never enough...but I want it to play loud and sound good.

Another thing is that I see comments on not tuning close to a subs F;s which would pretty much suck if its true with the N2.

Having a neo motor would be good for shipping too I believe?

They are lighter, so yes. Tuning near Fs is not a problem, the N2 has slightly less motor force than the Gen 2 BTL, so response is better, they will have a better low end extension.

The SMS is also a good option, with the large 4" coil your power won't be a problem, and low end will be phenomenal.

MMM no one joined the chat.

...so when will I choose one over the other? For what application?

From what I see the new Neo subs are happy with smaller boxes but the SMD is also said to be happy with small boxes.

You don't want a supergauss motor...that would be for 180dB+ spl tone bursts only.

N2 would be the way to go depending on what power you have on tap.

my N2 18 has 6 spiders

my N2 18 has 6 spiders

I was told by Nick that they have 5, the same suspension as the new BL. My N3 has 7 spiders, because I ordered it that way. Stock is 5.

I was hoping they sound a bit different then the bl,s also hope its happy with double the power

You receive something yet ?

N2 or AA SMD ?

Na bro, was looking at them but decided to go with the n2 for weight savings, hope its the right choise as i cant try them around here. Been waiting for a while on the shipping price though. Might start working on the box 2morrow...send them a pic and ask whats wrong with the picture.

my N2 18 has 6 spiders

I was told by Nick that they have 5, the same suspension as the new BL. My N3 has 7 spiders, because I ordered it that way. Stock is 5.

yeah i know i seen in description 5 too but i just cut my out yesterday and there 6 4 black stiffer ones and 2 yellows so i was pretty surprised myself cause when i ordered my recones for my BL's i asked nick he said 5 for the BL recone i was thinking like wtf thats how many my BTL have.. but yeah even better thou the BTL have 6 well mine does at least

The yellow spiders are very thin and do not effect the suspension as the black stiff spiders do.

2 of the yellow spiders stiffness wise is equal to 1 black stiff..so..we say it is 5 spiders.

If you really want to get 'technical' it has "8"..because the yellow spiders are multiple layers.

Thy use the yellow?

Thy use the yellow?

Makes it much easier for setting leads and cuts down on assembly time a TON.

Ahh, yes much easier for sewing leads I'm sure.

The yellow spiders are very thin and do not effect the suspension as the black stiff spiders do.

2 of the yellow spiders stiffness wise is equal to 1 black stiff..so..we say it is 5 spiders.

If you really want to get 'technical' it has "8"..because the yellow spiders are multiple layers.

ahhhh i see makes sense.. BTL should actually come with 6 total thou since the BL's come with 5 stock now..

Thy use the yellow?

Makes it much easier for setting leads and cuts down on assembly time a TON.

Hey Nick i was wondering when i order my recones for my N2's if i can get them with and extra spider if its possible? i talked to another dude on youtube think it was tuffguy40 an he said when i order them just ask them to beef up the suspension on them or SPL spiders i think he said is there such a thing?

ahhhh i see makes sense.. BTL should actually come with 6 total thou since the BL's come with 5 stock now..

Why?

Why?

umm i dont know for more control.. and :morepower1:

You shouldn't need more suspension...that's plenty for that motor.

You do understand that you are only hearing 1% of what you put into the sub right? Everything else is burned off as wasted heat energy...100 watts in, 99 watts heat, 1 watt is converted into acoustical output..