Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus

Looking for a 15" sub

I'm been looking for a 1 15" sub dvc 4 ohms that require a small ported box. My ported box is well constructed and I don't want it to throw it away. Is a 2.89cu.ft .75 Birch slot ported. I only have 400w rms for it. Any suggestions?

Sundown SA-15 is a 600 rms sub but will do well in a small ported enclosure, the enclosure you have now is pretty small though, alot smaller than recommended for more 15" subs.

I agree with the Sundown SA-15.

The DCON might also be an option.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I really think you should build a new box if you want a 15". You will get much more out of any sub you buy by building an optimal enclosure for it.

What exactly is optimal? The only optimal enclosure is one that is best for your needs. Maybe he can't afford a new box or maybe this box is the optimal size for his space requirements.

There are some subs brands that recomend from 2.5 to 3.5 cuft....I'm in than range

As others have said. I would look into a sa-12. It have a little more performance than the dcon

There are some subs brands that recomend from 2.5 to 3.5 cuft....I'm in than range

Not pushing you towards a DCON just trying to help with info...

Dcon 15"

Sealed: 2.0-3.0ft^3

Sealed Optimal: 3.25-4.0ft^3

Standard Ported: 3.0-4.0ft^3 @ 28-33hz

Optimal Ported:4.0-5.0ft^3 @ 28-33hz

Info taken from here:

What exactly is optimal? The only optimal enclosure is one that is best for your needs. Maybe he can't afford a new box or maybe this box is the optimal size for his space requirements.

He said he wanted a 15" to use in his current box that is 2.89 ft^3. Even for an SA-15 series that is pretty small. He never stated a budget, goals, or space requirements

Luke.H....my space is limited. Don't have enough money to make one, nor the tools and skills. What about the RE Srx sub?? Seems to be in my range $$$ but is close to be the entry level.

Luke.H....my space is limited. Don't have enough money to make one, nor the tools and skills. What about the RE Srx sub?? Seems to be in my range $$$ but is close to be the entry level.

In that case I guess an SA-15 would be your best bet. They perform well in small enclosures. I'm not sure what your goals are for the system, but they may work. Sorry to have potentially misled you.

The RE SRx is not a bad low power sub and does well in smaller ported boxes.

In that case I guess an SA-15 would be your best bet. They perform well in small enclosures. I'm not sure what your goals are for the system, but they may work. Sorry to have potentially misled you.

Don't worry. Thanks!