jFreezy

Is there a difference in sound?

Hey ssa jfreezy here with another question.

Is there a difference in sound between 1200rms and 1500rms or is it just spl?

Wired to 1ohm will I hear a difference between the both with same amp settings?

I'm choosing between a sundown audio sax 1200 or a saz 1500. I want to power two SA 10s or SA 12s at 1 ohm. Ported tuned about 33-34

no siir their will not be an audible difference, it is better to have the headroom of 1500rms but other then that go with 1200rms it will be alittle better on your electrical.

There will be no audible difference between the two. The 1500 would give you a little more headroom though.

By headroom you mean like prepared for future upgrades? Sorry lol Idk what that means.. My electrical can handle whatever I throw at it. But I just wanted to know to see if I can save money and buy the 1200

headroom means that your amp wont be at full tilt so you have a little room to spare and or if you ever want something with a little more power you will have it on tap

Oh ok I see. I'll go with the saz1500 just to be safe. Thanks guys -jfreezy

I can't say for sure because it varies from vehicle to vehicle, but there's a chance you will need some electrical upgrades to support a 1500w amp depending on how you set the gain and control the volume. Same can be said for the 1200, but it's something to think about.

I can't say for sure because it varies from vehicle to vehicle, but there's a chance you will need some electrical upgrades to support a 1500w amp depending on how you set the gain and control the volume. Same can be said for the 1200, but it's something to think about.

Thanks. Yeah I pretty much got everything I need. 220amp alt kinetik 2000 under hood and soon to be in the back. Big 3 done and Ik careful with my equipment. This all would be in my 98 Nissan sentra. My pops passed it down to me since he bought a new vehicle.

In my opinion get the 1500 if you plan on upgrading sometime soon, but if you plan on sticking with the SA's the 1200 will be plenty and will save you some money. If you want the headroom that's fine just be smart about setting your gains to those subs. Good luck

Thanks. Yeah in the future I'm thinkin xcon but for now sa's because I know a guy locally selling them for a good price.

Okay one more question. Lol sorry guys. But I have a friend that was tellin me that he wants to power his nightshade with 1500rms but it takes 2000rms and then his friend suggested 3000rms. Will there be any difference in sound there? Between the two powers? Well let's say his nightshade is 15" and in a ported box tuned 34hz and both amps would be 1 ohm

Edited by jFreezy

Could be a difference in smell as he melts the driver.

1500w to 2000w to the ear is a meh

Could be a difference in smell as he melts the driver.

1500w to 2000w to the ear is a meh

To the ear, yeah.

To the chest, steering wheel, roof, doors, and most importantly coils....it's a lil different lol

I think sometimes people forget that others like to show off more than the sound. Sure it sounds the same to the ear but there's always that smile that creeps up your face when you can point at another part of the car that dances around.

To the OP, Don't put 3k to his Nightshade. You can get a 3k amp and limit it's power (by reducing the gain, by turning down the sub level on the radio, things like that.) It will be more efficient than a 1500 operating at it's limits but will likely sound just the same.