semrod

Speaker Baffles

Has anyone ever use speaker baffles for their door speakers and did you notice an improvement in sq?

I'm following but Im not, any solid surface with a hole in it for a speaker could be considered a baffle..

I assume you mean one cut and made from MDF, Birch, or some other wood. I have them in my van, and have them cut and ready to install for my Jimmy.

It stands to reason that having a heavy, solid place to mount the driver will help reduce resonances and help overall output by not losing the driving force of the motor into a flimsy baffle. Or, at least those were the reasons I've read and done it for and there's definitely a noticeable difference between a good MDF baffle and the factory plastic or sheet metal of the door IMHO. So I feel it's worth it, others may disagree.

Thanks fellas I installed Polk components in my 02 Altima and notice there is nothing behind the speaker except sheet metal. So I guess I'll give them a try hopefully they'll give me a fuller sound than I currently have from my front stage.

I'd shoot Don an email on his site www.sounddeadenershowdown.com he can help you fully to meet your goals instead of going in completely blind.

Well I did put sound deadener on the door. I think all the bass my components are producing is being wasted in the rest of my door panel. So I was hoping to use speaker bafffles so the energy isnt wasted in the door.