Sign in to follow this  
swagger_wagon468

SAE-1200 popped fuses, loose wires, etc

My buddy was driving and had his system on... And it turned off. So he came to my house. All the fuses were fried. And when i opened it up, theres a black wire that is now disconnected... How? Idk. What would cause this? Can i just sauder a new wire on and be good to go?

the amp is a SAE-1200 and its running 2 Fi Q 12" D1's

Thanks.

Pics...

2011-08-15_16-16-53_201.jpg

2011-08-15_16-17-19_918.jpg

2011-08-15_16-17-11_840.jpg

2011-08-15_16-17-37_834.jpg

There may be more issues with it; you could quickly try to re-attach the wire if you like to make sure, though.

well the wire acctually came apart inside the jacket. so theres still wire sauldered on each side. could i remove the wire and attach a new one? if so, what gauge?

:drink40::dancing::fing34::rofl2::woot::dance::jump:

:ohsnap: i just fixed the amp!

i sauldered a new piece of Knu 18ga rem wire and replaced all the fuses and all seems good!

any guesses as to why this happened? would having the gain set to high cause it maybe?

Vibration more than likely could have been the culprit.

Glad to hear the amp is back to life!! :drink40:

Vibration more than likely could have been the culprit.

really? didnt think that could cause it. the amp is mounted to the seat... hopefully it doesnt happen agaain.

thanks man! i need to get a vid of his system and upload it. his doors flex like no other. :morepower1:

eventually, when he can afford a new alt and a couple batts, we are gonna try to find 2 more of this style Q or switch for 4 SSA ICONs. :)

thanks man! i need to get a vid of his system and upload it. his doors flex like no other. :morepower1:

eventually, when he can afford a new alt and a couple batts, we are gonna try to find 2 more of this style Q or switch for 4 SSA ICONs. :)

Was just sitting here at work thinking I need to get a vid up of my SA8s!

Was just sitting here at work thinking I need to get a vid up of my SA8s!

lolo. yea we are all lazy haha... im very impressed with the Q's. For a SQ sub, the sure do get nose tickling loud. lol.

Sign in to follow this