cobra93

DIYcable.com/ Kevin Haskins/ Exodus audio

No idea where to put this, so it's here I guess. Move if necessary.

It looks as though they're eliminating the exodus subwoofer line.

The anarchy midwoofer is $65.00 right now.

This is what Kevin has posted on his site.

I want to thank all my customers from over the years. We are moving DIYCable into the Part-Time job category and while we will continue to operate, it will be as a second job rather than a first. As a consequence Kevin will not be available during the day for phone calls and we are pushing all customer interaction into email. I'll respond nightly to any email questions/concerns and address issues in the best way possible. This is going to drastically change our shipping schedule. All Cardas items will ship daily and within 48 hours of order placement (unless I tell you otherwise via email) but the rest of the items in inventory are essentially close-out items (will not be re-stocked) and will ship once per week on Monday. I'll update you on when you can expect the order to ship when the order is placed. The bottom line.... if you need something in a hurry this is the wrong place to buy it! :-)

What does the future look like for DIYCable? Well... good question. To some extent I don't know because it depends on many outside factors. My goal is to clear out the parts inventory and move out of my current warehouse by the end of September. The Exodus subwoofer line is at an end. I do not forsee any circumstance under which the Maelstrom 18" & 21" will ever come back into inventory. The Anarchy line is going to continue in one way shape or form either sold through this web site or transitioned over to an as yet to be determined partner. We will continue to support Cardas sales the same as in the past and with minimal differences from how they have been handled historically. Overall, I'll update everyone of our status on the front page here and as always, I'll be brutally honest and transparent in what our plans are for various product categories and the business in general so that customers know where they stand.

This ends over a decade of fighting in the DIY audio trenches. There have been many good times and memories. Some of my customers and vendors from over the years have become my very best friends and supported me through good times and bad. We have managed to raise enough money to adopt four of our kids with the proceeds from DIYCable and it has put food on the table and a roof over our heads. I'm grateful for all those things and the customers who have provided them.

All the best,

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Audio

Edited by cobra93

Hate to hear this. Been eyeballing those mids for a while thinking I could use them in something. May have to get a pair just to sit on. Thanks for the info!!

The Anarchy's are still for sale.

http://www.diycable.com/main/default.php?cPath=24

Thought that response you quoted was old and he had changed his mind. Could be really wrong there though.

CSS has something "similar" as well.

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=SDX7

And GR

http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=112

It's tough seeing things winding down. He was a great guy to deal with. Being the head honcho and so readily available on the interweb, I can just imagine some of the BS he had to put up with. Even though Kevin is at a new stage in his life, it was nice to read his hopes in keeping Exodus Audio going in one way or another.

Bummer. The economy has been rough....

I was looking forward to the 8" version of the anarchy, oh well.

Best of luck to his future endeavors.

Who knows, maybe his "part time" work will offer some great future products.

Sad to see. Kevin was a great guy to do business with and offered some outstanding products to the market at very reasonable prices.

I've been rocking a Shiva-X in my car for several years and love it.

I was looking forward to the 8" version of the anarchy, oh well.

Best of luck to his future endeavors.

Who knows, maybe his "part time" work will offer some great future products.

I have the 6.5-EX and I was looking forward to the 8" as well.

I had to snag four of them for future use. :drink40:

I missed the last deal on them.

Edited by cobra93