bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Rims for a 05 black civic?

What size tire is on it now??

I just went out to check, the tire is 195/60R15 and i measured the rim just make make sure and it was 16"

If it is 195/60/15 then it is a "15" inch rim.

Outer diameter for this tire is about 24.25"

With a 17" rim you could go with one of these choices:

205/45/17- 24.57" Height

215/40/17- 23.77"

215/45/17- 24.50"

225/45/17- 24.80"

on a rim width of 6-7"

205/45/17- 24.57" Height

215/40/17- 23.77"

215/45/17- 24.50"

225/45/17- 24.80"

on a rim width of 6-7"

Yea that sounds good, im gonna have to start calling up some local tire shops and see if they have anything good for a fair price because buying bigger rims equals bigger tires also lol

205/45/17- 24.57" Height

215/40/17- 23.77"

215/45/17- 24.50"

225/45/17- 24.80"

on a rim width of 6-7"

Sorry, should have been min. rim width 6-7"

Sometimes the 17s or 18s can be cheaper than the factory size, unless you are wanting something special in a tire/brand.

As you can see the car looks kinda big on these little rims its sitting on now, i think if i got a size or two bigger it would look more natural

Couldn't disagree more. If you go up a size or two it'll look like rubberbands on rice. Spending $1000 on wheels and tires on a $6000 car means your priorities aren't in the right place IMO either.

Drive the dang thing, if you don't like it sell it and get something else.

Is the rear end sagging?

As you can see the car looks kinda big on these little rims its sitting on now, i think if i got a size or two bigger it would look more natural

Couldn't disagree more. If you go up a size or two it'll look like rubberbands on rice. Spending $1000 on wheels and tires on a $6000 car means your priorities aren't in the right place IMO either.

Drive the dang thing, if you don't like it sell it and get something else.

Hmm i dont see how it will look like a rubberband on rice considering im only going up a size or two and im not getting nothing outrageous, rims is what sets the car off, im not trying to look like every other civic on the road but yet im not trying to go over the top, And if i paid 6k for my car i would have had 4,000 extra in my pocket since i got this car with only 70k miles on it pretty much brand new, civics arnt cheap and theres a reason for that. I dont see how you can say puttin rims on a car ruins it since thats person prefrence, if you dont like rims then why post here?? Jus a question

Is the rear end sagging?

It does sag a little bit but its not noticable unless you point it out, it actually looks really straight and flat from front to back with the little sag from the subs.

I do like bigger rims. If you can afford them, do it. Remember that odd size tires (17") generally cost more than even sized tires.

19's take the cake for expensive tires.

The $6k was from book value and more than you'd get at auction. Putting nearly 20% of the value of the car into something that will just "set the car off" I don't understand. Never anywhere did I say putting rims on the car would ruin it, it can surely help it look and handle better but only if they are chosen appropriately. What I said was that the priority of doing so seems completely out of whack on that car. I know for sure that I don't have $1000 to throw away on something that makes my car look a little better and would never do it on that car. Hell the rims on my ML63 are ugly, but I am not even replacing those. Something about putting money into a hole and never getting it back disturbs me. And no, your car isn't worth an extra dollar with aftermarket wheels and regularly it is worth less as people are turned off by what else you could have done.

19's take the cake for expensive tires.

The $6k was from book value and more than you'd get at auction. Putting nearly 20% of the value of the car into something that will just "set the car off" I don't understand. Never anywhere did I say putting rims on the car would ruin it, it can surely help it look and handle better but only if they are chosen appropriately. What I said was that the priority of doing so seems completely out of whack on that car. I know for sure that I don't have $1000 to throw away on something that makes my car look a little better and would never do it on that car. Hell the rims on my ML63 are ugly, but I am not even replacing those. Something about putting money into a hole and never getting it back disturbs me. And no, your car isn't worth an extra dollar with aftermarket wheels and regularly it is worth less as people are turned off by what else you could have done.

Yea i see where your coming from, it is alot of money just for it to look better, but thats what audio is also its a money pit just to have better sound, it all depends on whether the spender thinks its worth it or not, if i got new wheels it would be a while before i have all 4 and are put on, takes a long time to save up while still having money for your person NEEDS, i dont let it take over my personal life i just do what i can afford and wait it out. Overall i look at my car everyday and drive it alot so i like to have something that i can be proud of and just try to make it my own instead of driving something someone else created and did. So its all about personal preference and how far you wanna take it, So that said im ready to start looking for some nicer rims for my ride :drink40:

Car stereo you can buy and sell and not be upside, rims not so much ;)

Haha very true, was just thinking of keeping the stock rims and tires stored away so if anything ever did come up i can always have that option of putting them back on or even selling them to get some of my money back :), i do appreciate your criticism m5 because it makes you think about your options a little harder, but in the end i just really want some new shoes :fing34:

wow those look pretty sweet and im digging the pricing on them, is that where you ordered them from? theres alot of different ones, which one do you think i would need for a 17" wheel

wow those look pretty sweet and im digging the pricing on them, is that where you ordered them from? theres alot of different ones, which one do you think i would need for a 17" wheel

Yea I called and ordered, they were real helpful and arrived at the shop in like 2 days.

Idk about what size you should get but I do know that the more I drive on these tires the more I love them, they make the car handle so much better but they still ride so smooth and quiet.

Car stereo you can buy and sell and not be upside, rims not so much ;)

Hence my recommendation of the HPF's. Regularly bought and sold on civic forums. I still wouldn't spend my money that way, but if you feel the need it is after all your car. Mugen rims will cost a pretty penny as well, but if purchased used the depreciation is slight.

You need to go to some honda forums and look at there wheel threads. I would go with a 17 or 18 by 8. Even if you add a couple inches with the rims you will take it off with the tires.

We just did some wheels on my sons 00 Mustang. Stock was 15 inch and with tires diameter was 25.8. Went up to 18s and did a staggered setup like the old muscle cars by putting 18 by 9s in the front and 18 by 10s in the back. After all was said and done he went up .6 inches in diameter. They were not little ricer tires either the back ones are pretty beefy. 275/40/18.

Dont waste ur $ on rims/system on a civic man..... Ppl will laugh.. Its a civic lol