Sign in to follow this  
Schmuck

which subs?

I am looking at the skar vvx 12's and AA arsenal 12's, right now I am leaning towards skar 12's. they will be powered by mb quart discus 1500

I'd vote for AA Arsenals, they are one hell of a driver, and made by a great company here in the US.

I am looking for a good ""SQL"" setup. I am expecting to do mid 140's on music because I was able to do this easily with a pair of 12" AQ SDC 2.5's. However my last experience with AQ was less than satisfactory so I will never use them again. I am looking at the AA and Skar subwoofers because I know that they are quality built and based on the reviews and vids I have seen sound very well also. I am leaning towards the Skar 12's because of the package deal of 2 12's and custom built box for 360 shipped. Not to mention they perform very well. Not to say the arsenals don't but for the money the Skar subs and box are a better value IMO opinion, unless you guys have done a head to head between the subs and can tell me the AA arsenals are that much better.

There's a video of an aa arsenal tested against a bunch other drivers and it did the best in output, but the skars wasn't out at the time.

I would do some research on what people have to say about their skar enclosures before purchasing.

i would personally get some skars. they are some sexy ass subs and heard great things about them.

thanks for the input can you give me a link to the vid of the arsenals against other woofers? And please keep the opinions/experiences on the two woofers coming. Any input on these woofers or woofers in the same price range is appreciated, as long as the input is based on actual knowledge or experience.

i would either go with the arsenals or some sa-12's. Iv heard that the box that comes with those skars is worse then a prefab box you can get at bestbuy. theres a reason for the price tag difference, just depends on what your willing to spend and how much your willing to give up. A pair of sa-12's wouldnt let you down, i got 2 sa-10's and it surprised the shyt out of me how loud and low they get. And the roll-off on these subs is just amazing flattest response subs i have ever heard in my experience. If you were hitting mid 140's with 2 sds which is pretty damn impressive then im sure you wont be dissapointed with some arsenals or sundown sa-12's

Link to thread of AA Arsenal testing:

i agree with the sa12's. owned one and it got loud and hit the lows nicely! i really wish i still had it. a fyi they are way under rated. seen people giving them 1200rms daily

Id love to see a skar take 4k for more then a second hehe ;), first time i saw that video i thought i was sold on 4 10" arsenals, and you cant beat the price for what you get

Id love to see a skar take 4k for more then a second hehe ;), first time i saw that video i thought i was sold on 4 10" arsenals, and you cant beat the price for what you get

Certainly shows their ability to get loud and robustness to withstand that much power.

Certainly shows their ability to get loud and robustness to withstand that much power.

Absolutely :morepower1:

I am looking for a good "SQL" setup. I am expecting to do mid 140's on music because I was able to do this easily with a pair of 12" AQ SDC 2.5's. However my last experience with AQ was less than satisfactory so I will never use them again. I am looking at the AA and Skar subwoofers because I know that they are quality built and based on the reviews and vids I have seen sound very well also. I am leaning towards the Skar 12's because of the package deal of 2 12's and custom built box for 360 shipped. Not to mention they perform very well. Not to say the arsenals don't but for the money the Skar subs and box are a better value IMO opinion, unless you guys have done a head to head between the subs and can tell me the AA arsenals are that much better.

So, are you looking for more "SQ" out of this setup? It seems as though you're wanting the same thing you had before but with better customer service? Would you mind filling us in on the vehicle and electrical system used before (with the SDC2.5s) and what vehicle and electrical system you plan to use now? What were your box specs and amp used for the SDC 12s?

Yes I am looking for more SQ but just as much output, SPL. The vehicle the SDC's were in was an old big body buick regal. The vehicle this setup is going in is a scion xb. The SDC's were ran off a AQ 1200 and stock electrical. Don't remember the exact box measurements all I can say is it was 4.5 cubes @ 38hz.

Budget? A single Xcon 15 ported would be nice.

budget is 400. I would like to stay with a pair of 12's or if I have space 15's. I am leaning towards a pair of AA arsenal 15's. Does anybody know the optimal airspace for Arsenal 15's?

If space is an issue, Sundown is probably the way to go as their subs are optimized for smaller enclosures than almost any other manufacturer.

space is not an issue I was just wanting to know space requirements for arsenal 15" woofers, because I am looking at getting a pair of arsenal 15's

space is not an issue I was just wanting to know space requirements for arsenal 15" woofers, because I am looking at getting a pair of arsenal 15's

3-5 cubes, its on the aa website

Not with the power he's wanting to run. 6 cubes is more like it.

Not with the power he's wanting to run. 6 cubes is more like it.

true true, but do you think those mb quart's put out rated power? even tho id say around 6-6.5 would be awsome