Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nelson

Differances between FI x10 and Dcon 10

I have narrowed my selection down to the dayton rss woofers and either the Fi x10 or dcon 10. I would just like to know what the differances between the Fi and x would be? I know the Fi is rated a little higher power handling but that is really not important to me. I have heard the dcon is a pretty good SQ driver, is the X also? I'm not concerned with which will be louder, because I think these two 10's would be pretty close. Also would like to know if they would play up to around 80hz or so without rolling off real quickly.

Anyone with any insight to these two woofers your comments would be appreciated.

Tony Nelson

I think its more about the enclosure than the sub. I put a cheap "t.n.t" sub in a good low tuned enclosure and it sounded really good!

As for sub choice both dcon and x will treat you well. 2 great quality companies.

I think its more about the enclosure than the sub. I put a cheap "t.n.t" sub in a good low tuned enclosure and it sounded really good!

As for sub choice both dcon and x will treat you well. 2 great quality companies.

^^this. jus choosing which side to go on and build a good box

No issue with them playing up to 80Hz...the X's are nice little subs that are cheaaaaaaaaaaaap :)

I once heard 4 of the Fi X 10s in a 2 cuft sealed enclosure off of an Orion XTR 1200 watt amp. There was nothing entry level about the sound, and that was in a big ol' Dodge Magnum. Very nice sounding drivers. Got plenty loud too.

Thanks everyone for the reply. Nick, you were helpful again as always. I know that whichever route I go it will all sound good. Dcon, X, or Dayton. Maybe I will just save a little money and pick either dcon or x. Decisions decisions.

The Dayton doesn't get brought up here as much as the others. I like that it has triple shorting rings. Nothing else in its price range does. This lowers distortion and le. Low le allows them to play higher, like to 250hz. Also the Ho version likes very little boxes.

The Dayton doesn't get brought up here as much as the others. I like that it has triple shorting rings. Nothing else in its price range does. This lowers distortion and le. Low le allows them to play higher, like to 250hz. Also the Ho version likes very little boxes.

Ya, I have always wanted to try the Daytons in a vehicle. I have heard the 12" HF versions in a home audio setup, and man they sound good! I think it is between the dayton's and the dcons right now. I have xcon in my car and I really like how it sounds, so that's why I am tempted to try the dcons. SSA makes a great product and have oustanding customer service. It's just a tough decision with this one. Really want to try to use three 10's in this install, but might end up using only 2.

I just haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on the daytons. There are a few people running them on DIYMA, but thats about it. I'm just not sure if the dcon has the same type of sound as the daytons do. Everything I have heard says they have excellent SQ and can get decently loud, which seems to be the trait of all SSA woofers. I know my xcon does.

Like you said, you can't go wrong with any of them. Have you looked at how they model? I'd like to see which would go lower, and louder. Also what size box would be needed.

Duane

I would go with the Dayron HO. Very nice woofer.

I haven't modeled them yet. Just looking at the specs, the dcon should be louder off of the same power, assuming they will be in there within power limits. The output of either driver isn't as much of a concern as the sound quality of the drivers. I don't mind giving up some spl for better sound. I know what to expect in terms of output from 2 10's and it will be plenty of bass for this install. Again, this won't be a SQ install, just looking at drivers that are more SQ oriented.

edouble: Have you personally heard the daytons in an install?